Quantcast
Scissors and shears - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scissors and shears

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMartell View Post

Check out Tojiro Kitchen Shears

The are pretty nice since they offer a cam-bolt pivot for easy take apart for cleaning and if I recall correctly the cam-bolt is also adjustable for setting tension. Most kitchen shears don't offer adjust-ability or break down capability.
    I have these and super love them. Tough as hell. Cutting up chicken backs and lobster shells with no problem. The take apart design is great for cleaning and perfect for sharpening. Though I haven't needed to sharpen them yet.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

thanks to you guys about making me question my shears. ugh...

i use a pair of take-apart whustofs that were like 20 bucks and wishing i had put that towards some nicer ones for only a few bucks more. they do start to hurt my index finger and thumb if i use them for an extended period of time but i usually dont need them for much besides lobster so having some beaters might be a good idea.

i would guess that the 2 things you wanna look for is the comfort level in your hand and the ability to take them apart for ease of cleaning and sharpening. after that i would say get what you think look the best

I always hate to say this in public but Cutco's shears are pretty damn good although way overpriced. If you ever get a chance to snag a used cheap pair that aren't too beat up jump on them.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMartell View Post
    I always hate to say this in public but Cutco's shears are pretty damn good although way overpriced. If you ever get a chance to snag a used cheap pair that aren't too beat up jump on them.

Glad that is out there... now I can come clean.

Against strong parental advice and waay too few jobs around these parts, college daughter recently took on with the Cutco/Vector mafia.

Well, needless to say the wife and I were part of the first audience.
    After the smoke and dust settled (marital and parental politics) the compromise was to buy something.
    So the shears it was.

Good and strong, they come apart for cleaning, fairly comfortable, and considering how many cheap kitchen scissors/shears we have gone through, the lifetime guarantee was the kicker... and yes, they can cut a penny!

So daughter got a sale, I got temporary peace in the household, and all parties enabled the scam known as Cutco/Vector Marketing.