Available soon, two sujihiki 270mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
They will be done within the week.

1st one is a san mai stainless PM core 270 with a wa handle out of curly sycamore. Similar to the Suisen shape. $810.00 shipped. (conus)

2nd is a stainless Herring bone damascus with a core of S90-V (stainless super wear resistant) 270mm, wa handle out of premium curly Koa with mokume ferrule and butt cap. The Koa was stabilized by K&G. Handle also has woolly mammoth spacers front and back. $1850.00 shipped. (conus)

Pics available when finished.

Hoss

Cool, good to see you back up and going. Looking forward to some pics.

Here it is.

The stainless PM that we use has had great reviews. I personally used a gyuto made with this material in my own kitchen for about six months and love this steel. Thin grind, distal taper, rounded spine and choil. I seriously thought about keeping this one for my own kitchen, Jackie won't let me keep any more knives.

Love and respect

Hoss

001.jpg

002.JPG

004.jpg

005.JPG

Looks great, Hoss! I love that steel.

Thanks everyone. This one is sold pending funds.

Hoss

Super tempting... If I didn't already have a very similar profile ITK from you well.... I might.. But i mustn't! :thumbsup:

The blade for #2 is profiled and heat treated. The ferrule is formed and the handle material is picked out. I think that I'll take some pics of the remaining process to show everyone how we do some things.

Hoss

That would be great. Can't wait to see the pics. Thx Hoss

I'm very interesting to see your WIP pics.:knife:

At this point we are about 1/3 the way done.

The damascus and mokume pattern will come out after polishing and etching.

I love that curly Koa.

Hoss

001.jpg

003.JPG

004.JPG

That is cool, you are pre-shaping the mokume. I just assumed it was ground to shape with the wood. I love WIPS!

This is how I do the ferrule. The pics appear in reverse order.

Hoss

006.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG

012.JPG

014.JPG

That's cool Hoss, thanks for the great pics!

Ok, I really need to make it down and watch you work. Great pics!! Amazing stuff.

We like to do a rough grind and the distal taper on the surface grinder. It makes for fast removal of metal. The final grind is done on a 2 x 72 belt grinder.

Hoss

004.jpg

007.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

The final grind.

Check out the hamon like edge from the core showing.

Hoss

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.JPG

020.JPG

024.JPG

Polishing the blade. The pattern is showing but the blade will need to be etched later.

Hoss

025.JPG

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

Photo's are time consuming. Please cheer me on.

Hoss

Looks great, I have seen it in real life, but I keep coming back to this thread to see the updates.

Back