Swiss Diamond

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't want to hijack a thread, so started a new one. I've been needing a new non-stick pan for awhile and have read some good things about Swiss Diamond pans. I know the general rule is cheap NS until it's worn, then throw out but I like to keep things for a long time. Long story short, visited CHEFS outlet and got an 11" fry pan w/lid with a 20% coupon + $10 gift card bringing it to $98 plus tax ($105). Deal or no deal? Any experience with them?

I think I got mine from Amazon and without lid - just looked it up, I paid $75 in February of 2009 for it. I have a few other pans, so I would not say I have used it heavily since then, but at least once a week, maybe more. It's pretty much like on the first day, no signs of material coming off and I think it does its job really well. The two things I pay attention to, I heat the pan a little bit before I add in any fat but at the same time pay attention not to heat it too high with nothing in it. I never had any problems with things sticking. That said, I recently moved to a shared apartment and added the pan to the commonly shared things and I saw that somebody had used it and things were stuck in there. I have no idea how they managed to do that, will have to find out to prevent abuse... Oh, and I always use a little bit of fat with anything I make in there, I am not expecting it to work completely without fat and be non-stick. I definitely would buy it again, best non-stick I had so far in terms of longevity. I also much prefer it over the cheap ones because the slightly thicker cast aluminum body makes for a much better heat distribution IMHO.

Stefan

Deal! Have exactly same pan for a year and it remains non-stick without flaking potentially toxic bits into my food. I paid more than you did (no discounts) but am happy with it. Somewhat better than Scanpan. Good choice, IMHO

Back