Quantcast
Cooking Classes in NYC
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooking Classes in NYC

Cooking Classes in NYC

Would like to take some classes to up my game a bit. Looking at The Institute of Culinary Education
    http://rec.iceculinary.com/Home/CookingClasses

Are there other schools that offer similar classes for recreational cooking?

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I'm pretty sure the French Culinary Institute does as well. http://www.internationalculinarycent...es/ny/cul.html

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman91 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the French Culinary Institute does as well. http://www.internationalculinarycent...es/ny/cul.html
    Yep, just looked it up. Very interesting.

Thanks.

You will have to improve your knife skills LOL

Jeeeeses, I just looked at the 225h Spanish cuisine course - prices like in NYC... For that kind of money I would rather fly to Spain and eat my way through the provinces for 2 months. But the courses are interesting.

Stefan

I find that I learn best in a structured environment, over a period of time. Cramming a program in one-week time would simply not work for me.

FCI program for serious amateurs looks great and classes are in the afternoon/evening, but price bites! I might have to wait till my wife is done with a grad school before I consider one.

Might have to settle for individual classes here and there in the mean time.

Maybe take private lessons from pro forum members
    ? Here is an idea!

Anybody interested in giving some lessons to a small group of people? Paid of course.
    There got to be more than just me interested in the NYC and adjoining areas.

M

There are plenty of companies out there that specialize in this kind of thing, and private chefs that get paid to teach to folks just like you. I'm sure in an area as richly populated as New York State, you could find someone who is the real deal.

Marko, I'm sure if you offered to trade knives for tutelage, you'd have more offers than you could handle!

I wouldn't have a problem with that, as long as it could be structured in a way useful for me (see #6 post).

I remember you asked me about something like this previously with the possibility of filming something. I'm still game if you are. I can come up with a lesson plan and such but timing is always the issue. Jan-Feb I'm mostly free.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

+ Reply to Thread