Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooking Classes in NYC

I guess, we need to get together and talk about it. Maybe in January, when things quiet down a little bit.

Thanks, Rick -

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

This might be another option Marko:

https://publicclasses.naturalgourmet.../about_us.html

Well, I might be heading back to school in the near future. Considering 9 month long evening program at Professional Culinary Arts in NYC (formerly known as French Culinary Institute). Three-days per week schedule works great for me - one, I like some time between classes to practice and for the information to settle in, two, I would be able to continue making knives. Excited to go back to school! Now everything hinges on how quickly my wife finds a job (also a recent graduate, second career).

Marko

Let me know if you do. We can meet for lunch or a drink after school. Good luck with this.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

FCI is a great program I have had a few friends go through it and they really enjoyed it.

It's still in works and the earliest I could start would be fall 2014 or spring 2015, but I really wanted to do this for some time. I think a school would be a best learning structure for me, and stretching it over a longer period is a plus.

Maybe then I could do some apprenticeship with some pro forum members in NYC? I think I could swing it a part-time if this could be an option.

I would love to have you in my kitchen Marko , just the distance is little far away from NY

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

If you want to get a few hours in a real kitchen let me know.

For me the trouble is to get to places (I don't drive) - I have a few standing offers to come and work in pro kitchens. Getting to NYC is a 28 minute train ride and the convenience of evening classes, 3 times a week makes it very attractive.

I, for one, am jealous. Good for you, Marko