Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooking Classes in NYC

I guess, we need to get together and talk about it. Maybe in January, when things quiet down a little bit.

Thanks, Rick -

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

This might be another option Marko:

https://publicclasses.naturalgourmet.../about_us.html

Well, I might be heading back to school in the near future. Considering 9 month long evening program at Professional Culinary Arts in NYC (formerly known as French Culinary Institute). Three-days per week schedule works great for me - one, I like some time between classes to practice and for the information to settle in, two, I would be able to continue making knives. Excited to go back to school! Now everything hinges on how quickly my wife finds a job (also a recent graduate, second career).

Marko

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Let me know if you do. We can meet for lunch or a drink after school. Good luck with this.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

FCI is a great program I have had a few friends go through it and they really enjoyed it.

It's still in works and the earliest I could start would be fall 2014 or spring 2015, but I really wanted to do this for some time. I think a school would be a best learning structure for me, and stretching it over a longer period is a plus.

Maybe then I could do some apprenticeship with some pro forum members in NYC? I think I could swing it a part-time if this could be an option.

I would love to have you in my kitchen Marko , just the distance is little far away from NY

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

If you want to get a few hours in a real kitchen let me know.

For me the trouble is to get to places (I don't drive) - I have a few standing offers to come and work in pro kitchens. Getting to NYC is a 28 minute train ride and the convenience of evening classes, 3 times a week makes it very attractive.

I, for one, am jealous. Good for you, Marko