Quantcast
Breast Cancer - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Breast Cancer

Chris,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Chris, I am very sorry to hear the news. Stay strong and keep positive. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Thanks again to everyone. Your thoughts, prayers and well-wishes mean the world to my wife & I. It's crazy to say, but you guys are way more supportive than a majority of our other friends.....and I've only really met a handful of you!
    Thanks again, I'll keep you all posted as to how everything goes.
    It's so cool to think that we've got people on other continents (that we've never met) and across the country pulling for us-all because of a Kitchen Knife Forum!
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again ..................
    .............KKF F-ing rules!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Hi Chris, best wishes from me also. I hope you will get the best medical care and support for your wife and your family. I hope you don't mind my saying this, but as for the support of friends, keep in mind that many people don't know how to deal with this or have their own fears of cancer or other diseases. I know this may be difficult, but think about approaching the ones who are important to you and let them know what kind of support you would like and help them to get comfortable with the situation. Often people want to help and don't know how, and relationships that could be very helpful fade away because of a lack of communication. Sorry, the psychologist in me wouldn't shut up...

Stefan

Chris, best thoughts and healthy wishes going your way. Hope to see you, the missus and your kids all doing well at next years ECG.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

A long time friend of mine was diagnosed with BC a month ago. Hang in there, Chris.

I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Hi Chris, best wishes from me also. I hope you will get the best medical care and support for your wife and your family. I hope you don't mind my saying this, but as for the support of friends, keep in mind that many people don't know how to deal with this or have their own fears of cancer or other diseases. I know this may be difficult, but think about approaching the ones who are important to you and let them know what kind of support you would like and help them to get comfortable with the situation. Often people want to help and don't know how, and relationships that could be very helpful fade away because of a lack of communication. Sorry, the psychologist in me wouldn't shut up...

Stefan
    This sounds like very good advice!

Stay strong and positive!

Sending positive thoughts out into the universe for your family Chris. Hang in there.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quick update:
    We go in tomorrow A.M. for the mastectomy. We are looking forward to kicking ass and taking names. But I'll settle for a successful surgery! Knowing all the facts and having a good plan has made us all feel a lot better. It's going to be a long road but we are going to make it. Supposedly the surgery is the easy part and chemo is when it gets really tough, but we'll cross that bridge later.
    Thanks again to everyone. Those of you who've posted and tons of you that PM'ed me have really helped me out more than you know.
    I'll keep you guys updated, and yes me and the family will be at ECG next year. I'm looking forward to unleashing my feral children in Craig's backyard. I'll have to bring some juiceboxes and PB&J's
    Thanks, Chris
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon