Breast Cancer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
Found out earlier this week that my wife has stage 2 invasive breast cancer that has spread to some of the auxiliary lymph nodes. We still have MRI's, CT and bone scans to do. So we don't know how far, or if it has spread anywhere else.
This is a very trying time for us. I seriously doubt that I can continue to work my job in my usual capacity, especially with the holidays approaching. From November to the end of December I usually pull a lot of 80 to 100+ hour weeks.
My first priority is to care for my wife and kids. Everything else can just wait!!!
We are extremely lucky to have a good insurance policy and could make it work if I have to take a leave of absence from work. I just feel bad for possibly leaving my bosses hanging if the worst happens. Especially at the holidays, our absolute busiest time of year.
I hate to air my laundry here, just looking to see if any of you can offer some words of wisdom or maybe past experiences. PM me if you can.
We are going to beat this!
All I would ask of you would be for some prayers for the knerd family. We're going to need it!
Thanks, Chris

Family comes first! Having a good thought for you and yours.

Hax the cook CLEAVERS RULE!!! :D

All I can say is tell your wife to kick its ass!

-AJ

I'm sorry to learn of this sad change in your family's circumstances, Chris.

You, your wife, and your entire family will be in my thoughts.

Fight, fight, fight!

We all wish you and your family the best and hope the treatment goes well

Be positive, its amazing what they can do now. Prayers headed you way ten fold!

i'm so sorry to hear that, my friend. good thoughts your way, and they really can do amazing things, these days.

That is certainly not pleasant news. My thoughts are with you and yours as you all fight this!

One thing I've come to discover during some very dark times was to always remember positive energy attracts positive energy.

Easy to say hard to do.

My most positive energy to both of you.

Thanks everybody for the well-wishes. I'm trying to be the positive one, but it is even hard for me sometimes to put on the happy face. I will keep you guys posted after we know more about the prognosis and treatment. We get to meet the oncologist on Tuesday to discuss Chemo.
Suddenly I get to become an expert on something I never wanted to know anything about!

think positive! Depression is your worse enemy right now.I wish you the best of luck.......

So sorry to have this happen to you, your wife, and your family. Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Stay positive, and count the blessings you have.

Warm regards,

Mark

Cancer Sucks
YOU DON'T .

when your strong for everyone else .

will be here to be strong for you.

Steeley

Best of luck to you. You're in our thoughts.

Chris, I'm sad to hear this and wish your wife and your whole family the best for what you're about to endure. The only encouragement I can give is to tell you that my wife's family has had several women go through this and come out the other side with many years (and even decades) having past now with no further issues, so it is beatable - hang in there!

I have two aunts that have been diagnosed with, and beaten breast cancer in the last 6 years. You and your family will be in all of our prayers.

It sounds like with your health insurance situation you are in a good position to get your priorities straight, and it sounds like you are. As far as leaving your bosses hanging, if they think focusing on your wife with breast cancer is leaving them hanging, then you have the wrong bosses. Many prayers for you and yours.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife, and your family through this difficult time. Stay strong!

Be positive.....stay strong......cancer can be beaten!!! Positive energy is flowing your way.

Several family members have had BC and all have made it through. This gives me great confidence in the system these days, I hope you and yours have just as good a responce to the therapy. Keep strong and looking forward You Will beat this.

Hang in there bud, and as tough as it gets just remember to be positive and supportive. Saying a prayer for you and your family.

Chris,

You and your wife will be in our prayers going forward. Keep us updated on any progress and know there are a lot of positive thoughts headed your way.

Back