Quantcast
Cigars and coffee....OH YEAH - Page 4
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigars and coffee....OH YEAH

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mano View Post
    I scoff at that and fart in your direction. Going from a Krupps whirly grinder to a PITA retro KitchenAid burr grinder made a quantum leap taste improvement in cheap drip machine.
    Instead of scoffing and farting, step up and buy a Mazzer and Technivorm and be amazed.

ETA: I realize that may come off as snobby, not my intent. My point is most people wouldn't know the difference and don't want to make a major investment in a grinder. I personally have $8K invested in coffee equipment and every high end toy imaginable, but that's me. I cannot tell the difference for FP between my Mazzer and whirly blade grinder. For pourover, drip, and espresso there is a difference, especially the former two. The main difference being the extract time and contact with coffee/water.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Ordered the Bodum today, I will wait for arrival of it before I place an order for some Red Bird Coffee, thanks again guys, you are the best!
    Man, you are on the road a great experience!
    Jason

I'm a whirly grind and drip drinker (but only with filtered water). For me it should not take longer to make coffee than it does to drink it.

Entire spectrum, price and taste, of sticks avail at http://www.mikescigars.com/ I like the sampler packs for a little variety and the house brand for good steady smoke.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    Instead of scoffing and farting, step up and buy a Mazzer and Technivorm and be amazed.

ETA: I realize that may come off as snobby, not my intent. My point is most people wouldn't know the difference and don't want to make a major investment in a grinder. I personally have $8K invested in coffee equipment and every high end toy imaginable, but that's me. I cannot tell the difference for FP between my Mazzer and whirly blade grinder. For pourover, drip, and espresso there is a difference, especially the former two. The main difference being the extract time and contact with coffee/water.
    I've had a Technivorm and KitchenAid ProLine for about three years and am pretty happy.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

I'm a couple days late, but I'll still comment

I'man occasional cigar smoker (golfing, summer in general, bonfires, summer in general), but I like Te Amo cigars the best, so far. I know they're inexpensive, but I find them to be smooth, slightly chocolatey and medium burning. However, I can't seem to track them down too often, because in Canada, "if it ain't Cuban, it's crap".

As for coffee, I love Bodum's products. They're easy to use, the strainers on the FP fit very snuggly, allowing minimal grind into the drink itself, and they are very well made. Mine broke (dropped it). And I'm using a cheap one that does a fine job, but I still want a new Bodum. They also sell some beautiful double walled glass cups that match very nicely, if you're into that kinda thing.

Beans are such a matter of personal preference, I say you should experiment and try out a whole bunch to see what your favourites are. For me, it depends onwhat mood I'm in, but my favourite roasters are local and bring beans in from all over the world.

You should try them out. You can order from: http://www.fireroastedcoffee.com
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Well I have my Bodum Chambord 8 cup french press sitting in front of me and a Mr. Coffee grinder! Just placed an order at Redbird and figured I would start with their Redbird espresso thanks to Jason's recommendation. Thanks again and I will be back with thoughts on my first cup of coffee.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

I would guess you should be able to find a good coffee roaster locally, may be worth a look. I get most of my coffee from a local place that roasts everything in house, can be enjoyable to go in and talk about, see and smell what is fresh for that day.

Hey Pete, shoot me your address and I'll send you some fresh roasted coffee sometime.

Jason
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    Hey Pete, shoot me your address and I'll send you some fresh roasted coffee sometime.

Jason
    I'd be happy to do the same.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

I'm also looking for free coffee. Hahaha. Just kidding What a place!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com