Quantcast
Cigars and coffee....OH YEAH - Page 8
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigars and coffee....OH YEAH

The only Trinadad I've had were the Fundadores. Awesome smoke. Very smooth but a small ring gauge especially compared to a MonteCristo #2 or Bolivar Belicosos fino.

Dave

Trinidad's are one of my favorite smokes from the little island. Definitely one that I will smoke in heaven everyday.

I think we need a KKF charter flight to Havana.
    Coffee, smokes, cuban sandwiches, rum, more rum....

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Duckfat View Post
    I think we need a KKF charter flight to Havana.
    Coffee, smokes, cuban sandwiches, rum, more rum....

Dave
    Don't forget the black beans n rice and plantains!!

And mojo pork

Having been their in 2000, unless things have changed, the thing that our local friends loved most that we brought them were the big bags of rice from Louisiana, beans from Florida, gallons of Mazola cooking oil and Disney videos for their kids. I don't know if I saw a Cuban sandwich down there. That may be a Tampa/Miami thing. The best meal I had in Cuba other than the ones we made on the boat was at our friends house. It kind of the typical Miami style meal that I was used to.....palomilla steak, black beans, white rice, bread, etc. The funny part is that the beans and rice were ones that we had brought over and the steak was not beef, but sea turtle. The rum was another story. How about a 750ml bottle of 7 year old Havana Club at the marina store, which was one of the pricier ones, for $7? The same bottle was selling for cover $30 in Paris at the time.My brother, who had been a few times before, said he had gotten it in town for as little a $5.50 in previous years before the locals wised up a little and raised the price.

I just had an Illusione 68, wow talk about an amazing little cigar. Perfect construction, copious amounts of smoke, tons of rich flavor, no bitterness or harshness. I would highly recommend picking a few of these up!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

I lived in Fl most of the 80's so my Cuban experience was limited to the Miami area. Lots of Cuban sandwiches there. Rum prices in the Caribbean are comical. Some where I have pictures of the Atlantis resort being built. When I was there you could buy a fifth of good rum cheaper than a bottle of beer and even cheaper than a pot of coffee. Heck rum was cheaper than a bag of potato chips! They did put a killer cigar shop/lounge in the Atlantis but I have no idea if that's still there.
    I'd really enjoy going to Cuba if I ever had the chance.
    Peter those look like great smokes. Is that a Robusto?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Duckfat View Post
    I lived in Fl most of the 80's so my Cuban experience was limited to the Miami area. Lots of Cuban sandwiches there. Rum prices in the Caribbean are comical. Some where I have pictures of the Atlantis resort being built. When I was there you could buy a fifth of good rum cheaper than a bottle of beer and even cheaper than a pot of coffee. Heck rum was cheaper than a bag of potato chips! They did put a killer cigar shop/lounge in the Atlantis but I have no idea if that's still there.
    I'd really enjoy going to Cuba if I ever had the chance.
    Peter those look like great smokes. Is that a Robusto?
    Dave
    Dave, I grew up in Miami. We moved there in '68 when I was 7 and my family moved to Tampa in '88. Suffice to say that there are some old friends who we wouldn't want to mention our Cuba trips to. LOL.

Dave,

The Illusione 68 is a petite corona 4x44, which is perfect for the winter months here in Chicago.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater