Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My buddy and online name

My buddy and online name

A couple people have asked me how I came up with a weird name like smurfmacaw. This is my best buddy. He's 14 years old and I tell most people that he's like having a puppy with a bolt cutter on his face. He eats macadamia nuts in the shell if that gives you any idea of the beak pressure he can exert (I can barely crack a mac with a hammer on a concrete floor....he does it without even straining....can bite through a broomstick without even trying.) He is extremely gentle for the most part but loves to roughhouse.

We've got four other birds, two eclectus (male and female), a senegal and a moluccan cockatoo. Indigo is my special buddy though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0112 copy.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	29957   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0115 copy.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	29958  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0118.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	29959  

Really beautiful bird.

Cool! I kinda thought it may have been something like that as smurfs are blue, and (afaik) there are blue macaws (an old friend used to have a blue & gold macaw). First initial last name that's my story

Is his name Smurf?

Quote Originally Posted by tjangula View Post
    Cool! I kinda thought it may have been something like that as smurfs are blue, and (afaik) there are blue macaws (an old friend used to have a blue & gold macaw). First initial last name that's my story
    Lame way to pick a name, tjangula.

His name is Indigo. I was banned from naming pets after I named the cats Vladimir Putin and Leonid Breznev. Can't figure out why but who can understand wives and children....

Tanner is right, he's blue and my callsign in the Navy was Smurf....unique name that works every time as a username without having to be smurfmacaw4769 or some such.

He's a peach though....loves to play rough...a lot of people think birds are delicate...I'd put him up against a rottweiler any day - not even a contest.

He's a hyacinth macaw. really sweet bird when he wants to be, real butt when he wants to be lol.

Ah, so that's what your screen name means.

That birdy is so handsome, I want handle wood in his colors.
    I see, I like, I cut!

Amazing pet. I have always loved birds.

My buddy and online name

Gorgeous bird Mike. Looks like a laboratory in that room. My sister has had a Macaw for twenty years. If you don't know their in the house and hey start squawking it's quite a shock.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Yeah, when the macaw and the cockatoo start competing it can get pretty raucous. Luckily they only get up to full blow just as the sun goes down...I think they are calling the flock in to roost. It't a lot of fun having a pet that talks to you. Our maid is hispanic and our male eclectus now says bueno dias. One of his other phrases is "Let go of my ear!!"