Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigars and coffee....OH YEAH

Kyle,

I am glad you asked, I have quite a few suggestions as I too like to keep this hobby as economical as possible while not smoking dog turds.

Here's a quick list...

Arturo Fuente Cuban Corona's in both natural and maduro
    Arturo Fuente 858 Maduro's or Candela's if you friend likes a mild to medium cigar
    Padron #5000 or any cigar really from the standard Padron line
    La Aroma de Cuba Corona's or Belicoso's
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Cigars has been a weakness of mine, lately -

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I smoke cigars every now and then. Usually on fishing trips and the like. However, I'm looking to start smoking them a bit more on just relaxing evenings. I'd like to get a humidor and start filling it up. I already have a taste for plenty of $10-$30 cigars that I'd like to start with. However, I'd like some suggestions for good cheap cigars that I can fill my humidor up with to smoke when I want to keep it cheap or to offer a friend with no real experience with cigars so I don't feel like I'm wasting $20+ on someone who can't enjoy it. Any suggestions?
    JR's cigars (online) has a good selection of cheapie (seconds / their own brand) that can be pretty decent at a reasonable price. My godfather smokes these on a daily basis and I have had a few of those over the years and they are a good bang for the buck.

If you like maduros, I have found Belisco's and Bolivar to be good and El Rey Del Mundo to be exceptional.

I recently picked up a couple of Rocky Patel's but have not had a chance to smoke them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I smoke cigars every now and then. Usually on fishing trips and the like. However, I'm looking to start smoking them a bit more on just relaxing evenings. I'd like to get a humidor and start filling it up. I already have a taste for plenty of $10-$30 cigars that I'd like to start with. However, I'd like some suggestions for good cheap cigars that I can fill my humidor up with to smoke when I want to keep it cheap or to offer a friend with no real experience with cigars so I don't feel like I'm wasting $20+ on someone who can't enjoy it. Any suggestions?
    Easy: Illusione Chuchillos Cubanos
    I like the 4.5" x 46 size. They sell in packs of 5 for under $20.
    The best budget smoke I have encountered.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Cigars and coffee are a match made in heaven. I get my coffee in 5 lb. bags from coffeebeandirect.com and buy something that's medium acidity, full-bodied and usually city roast. I'm not too picky.

Because I only drink coffee in the a.m. and smoke cigars on the deck when weather permits I usually have a medium bodied smoke. Cubans include Montecristo 2's or Partegas Shorts. Domestics include Padron maduro's, some Fuente products -I'm down to my last few Hemingway maduros- or whatever looks good in the humidor.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

I enjoy a cigar and a coffee, a perfect pair.

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    If you want a really cool and easy hobby, and like to control the outcome of your product, then get one of these:

http://www.sweetmarias.com/sweetmari...ml?source=grid

You'll never have to pay for fresh coffee and shipping fees again, plus green coffee is half the price. They even start you off with 8 lbs to experiment with.
    Don't do cigars, but the roaster would have been my next gadget if you hadn't made me buy that sous vide thingy

Stefan

AAAHHH YES, cigars and coffee. AF's have been a favorite for many years. After a hard day of grinding blades there is nothing better that hitting the hot tub with an AF and Remy Martin VSOP.

As far as coffee I still do the old fashioned stove top esspresso w/a Bialetti stainless and then whip up a cafe cubano. Enjoy with the stogie from the day before. Usually get my coffee from Caracolillo Coffee Mill in Tampa http://www.ccmcoffee.com/ . Great products and phenominal service.

Even though AFs are a favorite I have to say that the maduro I like the most is the Ashton Eclipse VSG. This is one really GREAT smoke. Full bodied, strong flavor, easy draw and actually gave me a head rush!

Hasta,

PZ