Quantcast
Cigars and coffee....OH YEAH - Page 15
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Cigars and coffee....OH YEAH

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    12 oz per week. I drink tea and espresso on the weekends (I buy Redbird and freeze it). I roast outside, but fresh roasted coffee does smell good.
    Jason

Twitter: @PeterDaEater

I can see how getting a Behmor roaster & green beans is not as crazy as it sounds.If you roast outside,you be popular wt. the neighbors

Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keithsaltydog View Post
    I can see how getting a Behmor roaster & green beans is not as crazy as it sounds.If you roast outside,you be popular wt. the neighbors
    Keith, I am really jealous of the close vicinity you have to good Kona beans. Of course I can order them online. I am also jealous of where you are.
    Jason

They are not cheap here either,I like a good quality cup of coffee in the morning,I have found that grinding fresh beans to order works for me.Because it is so sunny in these parts,I make a gallon of Sun tea every couple days.Glass gallon jar 7 green tea bags.Gently brews in the sun for a smooth tasting Ice Tea.

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    Keith, I am really jealous of the close vicinity you have to good Kona beans. Of course I can order them online. I am also jealous of where you are.
    Every Coffee fan should make it to Kona at least once in their life for the harvest. The roasters are going full tilt. You can see the cherries getting picked/washed. The added up-side is that between Thanksgiving and around the 10th of December it's low season in Kona. Low traffic, cheaper rooms, no crowds at the restaurants. It's certainly my idea of heaven. Mountains, ocean, perfect weather and killer coffee.
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

For me, if there were any tasty fish biting, that would be the real excuse to go. And it appears that late November/early December is the BEST time for both mahi and bigeye tuna.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckfat View Post
    Every Coffee fan should make it to Kona at least once in their life for the harvest. The roasters are going full tilt. You can see the cherries getting picked/washed. The added up-side is that between Thanksgiving and around the 10th of December it's low season in Kona. Low traffic, cheaper rooms, no crowds at the restaurants. It's certainly my idea of heaven. Mountains, ocean, perfect weather and killer coffee.

BTW I've been watching Wicked Tuna.Do you know what kind of line they are using?We used to use a chum bag bottom fishing for Onaga & Opakapaka, a handcrank meat grinder wt. fish parts & oatmeal.As the weighted line bottoms out the coneshape bag inverts & dumps it's contents.Lines had 4 hooks spaced apart on 90% side liters about 2' long.When fish hit you can feel it through the line over your fingertip then take up slack coiling line on deck & wait for another hit.Some times you get a fish on all 4 hooks.Interesting to see their setup & how they catch those huge Bluefin Tuna.

Dave & Jimforge they are still farming the Kampachi on the Big Island.In a recent Hawaii cooks show they prepared Big Island farmed Kampachi.

Pete

Where do u get your smokes in Chicago ?

Alan