Quantcast
Metro DC Cooking and Entertaining Show Photos - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metro DC Cooking and Entertaining Show Photos

I just finished updating the wildboarskitchen dot com website with a picture gallery from the show + close-ups of a lot of the items that I shot at home last night and earlier this evening. I was privledged to be able to show off all of this wonderful work! I did not get pics of 4 of Butch's knives (I got too busy while the show was underway, and he took them home after the show), but I think I got everything else.

WOW, Great looking booth, and by the sounds of it you guys had alot of fun and met some cool people! The photos and the web site are awesome, Thanks Dave and Dave. for all the hard work and time that went into promoting, setting up, tearing down, web design and well everything.

God Bless YA
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

added some more pics to the Show gallery last night (www.wildboarskitchen.com). Still hoping I can get some from Butch for the knives I did not have a chance to photograph.

Just 2 weeks until the 2013 version! The booth will be twice as big as last year, so BoardSmith will have more room to display cutting boards/ lazy susans up front. I'll once again be telling the DC peeps about the wonders of Del, Pierre, Randy, Butch and Steve Goodson, plus Marko and even KKF. It should be a lot of fun.

Hope you guys do well at the show and have a chance to enjoy yourselves a little too!
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    Normally I don't stray from what I normally do at shows but the upcoming MCES in Washington, DC will be an exception this year.

I am a member of the North Carolina WoodWorkers. In that group there are woodworkers of every description, from the beginner, to the novice to the serious amateur to the few pros that post and share on the site. Not very much different from KKF except the main materials are a little different. The photo below is what I will be bringing this year. A good friend from the Raleigh, NC area is a top notch lathe artist and specializes in segmented turnings. Each piece is a large collection of individual pieces which must be fitted precisely into a ring then attached to another ring until it is large enough to be turned. One piece has almost 1600 individual pieces in it and there is not one gap in any of the joints.

I can appreciate artistry in any form and when I see the knives that are shown here I realize the effort and skill which has to go into each one. I can also recognize skill when it comes to woodworking and I believe you guys can appreciate it also.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DWS_0626.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	19517

If anyone has any questions or comments I will be happy to answwer then as I can.

Wow, That is amazing.

+ Reply to Thread