Quantcast
Dead Squirrel Opinion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Squirrel Opinion

Dead Squirrel Opinion

Ok, first of all, I cannot claim to have found this video. Justin0505 showed it to me last weekend, and I found it hilarious as I have a little baby girl.

Here it is.

I thought it was funny, but I was raised on a golf course where my Dad was a greenskeeper and gave me a pail every day as a sort-of
    'babysitter'. He then told me to run up to the clubhouse (a quarter of a mile away) fill it up with water, run back, pour that water down a gopher hole, and do it all over -- again and again all day long until that gopher came out. He didn't expect I would catch those gophers and keep their tails pinned onto my bulletin board, but I did.

Anyhow, what do you think? My wife thinks it is nasty, but I am all right with it. The parents are good in my book. Don't freak out and teach kids your fears and prejudice.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...ampground?lite

This is what I think. In a place with hanta virus and confirmed bubonic plague, I would just assume teach my kids that if its dead leave it alone.

Yeah, but the dog just killed it in the back yard. It wasn't rotting on the side of the road. If you shot a dear and handled there is also a chance of getting deer ticks/lyme disease? I mean I don't like it when my daughter found that chunk of dog poop in the backyard either, but I told her to put it down and washed her up. And pregnant women are afraid of toxoplasmosis from cat litter, but doctors in other countries laugh at our American fear of it. In my book fear is relative and risk is all probability. But that's just me

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Yeah, but the dog just killed it in the back yard.
    Perhaps, but far be it from a 5 year old to discern cause of death, whether dog, bullet, or brain hemorrhage. Lesson learned by the child that its okay to pick up dead stuff.

True fear is relative and risk is all probability, I would rather decrease the probability of my child contracting illness. But then again I even make him wash his hands after a trip to Toys R Us.

Then again, I am an admitted germaphobe so take it witha grain of salt. To each their own.

Don't think I would be mad at my kid or anything. What's done is done right? Most interesting to me is the decision to film it and put it online. Hope the girl is still cool with her actions a couple years from now.

The way she says squirrel is cute as hell.

Baby girl and dead squirrel is so cute............The highlight was dad zooming in on mom's fabulous rack

I'm not sure why but I want to kick the crap out of the "dad" with the camera. A little respect you soft, desk sitting, pastie faced yuppie.

sorry! may be just me; somehow, I don't feel quite comfortable with this video....
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Yeah, but the dog just killed it in the back yard. It wasn't rotting on the side of the road. If you shot a dear and handled there is also a chance of getting deer ticks/lyme disease? I mean I don't like it when my daughter found that chunk of dog poop in the backyard either, but I told her to put it down and washed her up. And pregnant women are afraid of toxoplasmosis from cat litter, but doctors in other countries laugh at our American fear of it. In my book fear is relative and risk is all probability. But that's just me

k.
    When my baby girl was 6 she wanted to touch every inch of a deer I bagged,I had no issues with it and feel she is better off from the experience.Circle of life!

It's a child's natural reaction to something soft and fuzzy that she's used to seeing hopping around in her back yard. She doesn't know from dead other than it's not hopping anymore. IMO the dad was respectful of the kid -able to see it through her eyes- and the animal -okay, no more touching, we're going to bury it.

I thought it was pretty funny.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread