Quantcast
Italy trip report

Thread: Italy trip report

Italy trip report

Her ladyship and I have returned from Italy with many fond memories. We spent four days in Milano, five wandering around Tuscana and three in Modena. The highlight of the trip was dinner at Osteria Francescana in Modena. Massimo Bottura was a very cordial host who was very much involved in everyone's meal. I had the Memory of a Mortadella Sandwich which was so good it is hard to describe. An explosion of flavor is the best I can do.

Then I had the Short Ribs with Tradional Balsamic Glaze. It had a fascinating crisp texture and was wonderful.

It was an unforgettable experience dining in such a world class place.

Also in Modena I had the usual Bolito Misto with Modena's version of the five sauces. In fact I had it twice. Always wonderful.

And in Milano my old favorite, Osso Buco with risotto Milanese and fresh truffles.

Altogether a marvelous time.

Keith
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Sponsors
    Sounds like you had an amazing trip! I've never been to Milano, but I love Italy. Thank you for sharing, the food looks incredible.

The Osso Bucco and risotto - Oh my g... I was just going to go to bed, I see this, and now I have to eat. Thanks!

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Welcome back Keith and good times.
    Jason

Thanks for the pics, trying to wipe the drool off my ipad Do you go every year? I seem to recall last year you were lucky enough to do the same.

Retirement is good to me. I am fortunate enough to travel and am very much enjoying life.
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

An inspiration to all of us cooks.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

Nom nom nom.