Italy trip report

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Neal

Reaction score
Her ladyship and I have returned from Italy with many fond memories. We spent four days in Milano, five wandering around Tuscana and three in Modena. The highlight of the trip was dinner at Osteria Francescana in Modena. Massimo Bottura was a very cordial host who was very much involved in everyone's meal. I had the Memory of a Mortadella Sandwich which was so good it is hard to describe. An explosion of flavor is the best I can do.

memoryofmortadellasandwich.jpg

Then I had the Short Ribs with Tradional Balsamic Glaze. It had a fascinating crisp texture and was wonderful.

MoraRomagnolashortribslacqueredwithTraditionalBalsamicVinegarofModena.jpg

It was an unforgettable experience dining in such a world class place.

Also in Modena I had the usual Bolito Misto with Modena's version of the five sauces. In fact I had it twice. Always wonderful.

BolitoMistowith5sauces.jpg

And in Milano my old favorite, Osso Buco with risotto Milanese and fresh truffles.

OssobucowithtrufflesandrisotoMilanese.jpg

Altogether a marvelous time.

Keith

Sounds like you had an amazing trip! I've never been to Milano, but I love Italy. Thank you for sharing, the food looks incredible. :)

The Osso Bucco and risotto - Oh my g... :bigeek: I was just going to go to bed, I see this, and now I have to eat. Thanks! :dazed:

Thanks for the pics, trying to wipe the drool off my ipad Do you go every year? I seem to recall last year you were lucky enough to do the same.

Retirement is good to me. I am fortunate enough to travel and am very much enjoying life.

An inspiration to all of us cooks.

Back