• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Misono Swedish Gyuto 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a beautiful 270 on sharp and shiny. I want it so bad but I have a 240 and don't think I need both

Unfortunately, it is sold and already making someone very happy! They are wonderful knives. :)

Thanks for the comments regarding the new handle.

One of my preferred ones. Mine performed much better after I'd put a small flat symmetric section on it, near the heel, à la française. No more edge retention problems, for little rough tasks use the heel part (32 degree inclusive, symmetric).
I especially like the ease of sharpening. Just one problem: it's over before you're aware.

Around 2 years ago they started stamping the dragon instead of engraving.

As in ink stamp, with no indentation?

Don't knock them before you try them....

Don't knock them before you try them....

Fair enough. Profile looks sweet and have heard good things about the steel. If they were wa handled I would've tried one, and almost did just because I thought the engraved dragon was the coolest thing. Maybe I should get over my handle problem :scratchhead:

I would've lent you mine, but it'll now be impossible to pry it outta my hands! :)

If you can try one, I say go for it. But, I've always been an open fan of Misono knives.

I love mine and can't wait to see what Dave does with the heavily figured koa and the handle on it. :pirate1:

I love mine and over the years it's probably been my most used knife. A wa conversion is what I'd like to do eventually if I could save the money for it and stop buying knives for a second.

Around 2 years ago they started stamping the dragon instead of engraving.

i wouldnt call it a stamp. my swede is 2 weeks old and its atleast etched very nicely into the blade. i dont know what the difference is between the new ones and the old ones but mine looks cool.

i wouldnt call it a stamp. my swede is 2 weeks old and its atleast etched very nicely into the blade. i dont know what the difference is between the new ones and the old ones but mine looks cool.

Don't get me wrong, i never said it is bad :D. I love my Misono UX10 and i would love to have the dragon one day, i think it is an awesome knife :)

Back