A Call for Help!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
As many of you know Ryan (sudsy) one of our mods has been hit pretty badly by Hurricane Sandy. His house is located in Toms River, NJ and has been without power and gas since the storm came through last week. This is bad enough but what's even worse is that he's getting married on Dec. 1st and was supposed to have the reception at a restaurant right on the Seaside Heights beach which is currently under sand and flooded.

What this post is about is that Ryan is trying to find a new venue for his reception and was hoping that maybe (just maybe) someone here knew of someone who knew someone who knew of a building that could accommodate his needs.

There are 300 people scheduled to attend the reception so that's a major factor, plus they already have secured their own catering company which is another road block, they need a big dance floor, plus (and this is important) the venue has to be close(ish) to where they live.

If anyone has any connection in this area or think that they can help in any way Ryan would love to hear from you. Please feel free to post away here in the thread but to also send me a PM if you need to. Oh and Ryan is out of internetland communication still, he got his power back on today but it went off again when the winter storm blew in this afternoon. :scared4:

Thanks folks!
Dave

Best of luck to Ryan. I wish there was something I could do to help.

Hope this helps, I personally don't know availability or if they allow outside caterers, I imagine with what has happened many places will be a little more lenient but, the catering banquet business can be pretty cutthroat.

1.Versailles Ballroom at Ramada Toms River
(732) 905-2626 2373 Route 9, Toms River, NJ
can accommodate 350 people

2.Quality Inn

(732) 341-2400
qualityinntr.com

815 State Hwy No 37 W, Toms River, NJ 08753

can accommodate 400 people

3.Ramada Inn

(732) 905-2626
ramada.com

2373 Us Hwy No 9, Toms River, NJ 08753

can accommodate 350 people

4.Old Guard of Point Pleasant

(732) 892-3197

170 Duchess Ln, Brick, NJ 08724
Cross Streets: Between Sullivan Rd and S Hampton

I only know one person in NY, and I asked her. She's pretty well connected. We'll see what comes of it. Best I can do.

My wife is the director of sales for a hospitality group on Long Island. When she wakes up I'll call her. I also worked as exec for a caterer in Hudson Valley I'll call and see if its even possible before I get more details.

Back