Media Old Video

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
Not sure what happened but I went from 4,000 views to 75,000 over night. !00 comments. Mostly idiots.

[video=youtube;6aoQGC1yIlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aoQGC1yIlQ&feature=share&list=UUX6VEhNbmCnY8jPrF6VTzOA[/video]

The knife is amazing:yammer:

But reading the comments in UT makes you laugh so hard.

this is my fav:

Japan, attempting to be perfect in everything... even cutting tomato's.
SimplePTX 11 hours ago
I'm a white guy from Wisconsin.
Saltydog55252 in reply to SimplePTX 6 hours ago 72

I hate to ask what 9gag is, but you must be glad to know you can work at McDonalds!

9gag is a pretty popular humor site. One of the bigger ones. Like a constant feed of humorous photos / macros / memes. Not sure how Salty ended up on there, lol.

My video went nuts when Takeda put it on his opening page LOL, didn't know about it till some one posted it ina forum :p

But to 75K hits LOL wow

there were definitely some amusing comments...but so many of them were simply, senselessly grotesque.

One of my favorites:

some idiot: I can do that!
Salty: no you can't.

They update the numbers in batches. I get the comments via email before I see them on youtube. Curious what the next number will be.

Yeah, reddit and 9gag is basically the scum of the internet

They update the numbers in batches. I get the comments via email before I see them on youtube. Curious what the next number will be.

Nice bit of free advertising for Masamoto!

I'll bet the view counts on some of your other videos jump up a bit as well.

This is funny! Good comments:

So, I'm at the weird part of Youtube again... I need a life, immediately. -- ugurcanbilici 1 hour ago
what am i doing with my life? -- TORN9000 5 hours ago
Valyrian Steel! :D -- TheWrachspurt 6 hours ago
the music is horrible -- 900mb 5 hours ago

As much as we may love our knives, can't lose sight of the fact that we're also pretty funny - an entire forum about it, videos of razor tomato slicing, etc. Most people would definitely see it as kooky, which is why it must be on the humour site.

not even close. hell, President Obama did an AMA on reddit! well, 9gag maybe.

I basically hold them both on the same level.. but if i have to choose reddit is a little bit less retarded.
That Obama held an AMA there, i'd think is just about the sheer size of the community.

And as with most communitys, it's the bad side that gets caught in peoples minds, like mine.

I basically hold them both on the same level.. but if i have to choose reddit is a little bit less retarded.
That Obama held an AMA there, i'd think is just about the sheer size of the community.

And as with most communitys, it's the bad side that gets caught in peoples minds, like mine.

i was being pretty snarky, i was agreeing with you (though i am certainly an Obama supporter).

Nah, i just find most of the content on 9gag and reddit to be horribly re-made old memes.
Alright, fair enough. Although I think you're really describing 90% of the internet in general (and not just 9gag and reddit), I'll agree that 90% of the internet in general is in fact "the scum" of the internet. :D

161k+ views atm. how disturbing is it that i thought it was cool? (I said to a room full of knife knuts)

i was being pretty snarky, i was agreeing with you (though i am certainly an Obama supporter).

Ah, language barrier, i thought you held that as a "reddit must be good, Obama answered some questions on it!"

I love Reddit. Lots of good, non-idiot stuff on there.

I think this is awesome that there are so many people exposed to your video Salty - idiots or not :)

Wow, Salty. Almost 3/4 of a mil. Almost in the 1 mil club :) Cool anyway you cut it!

LOL there was a guy who thought the hamon was rust. People are strange.

Back