squid ink... hard time finding it...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinblue

Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes, can order it online and pay the shipping which really marks it up.

I did a English to Korean translation: 오징어 잉크 - Figuring we might be able to find an asian market close by with it.

We've tried a number of shops in the area with no success yet. Even one of the largest asian markets in the area, only to be told no.

Any insight?

TIA

^^^ NW suburbs of Chicago..... Palatine, Lake Zurich area, Schaumburg is very close.

What do you plan to do with it once you find it? :)

I know Japanese people like to make squid ink pasta and ice cream. lol

For small quantity, you can always buy fresh cuttlefish and/or squid/calamari and extract the ink pouch :hula:

The rest will be part of your sashimi/sushi platter.

Locate a commercial fish distributor/purveyor and they should carry it.

Took the easy way out given no luck here. "we can order that for you, it'll be here in a week". Heck I can do that too.

So I did. Found it online and spoke to someone that says it has a four year shelf life and/or can be frozen.

Came in a 1# bottle and smaller ones, but given the shipping, I went with the $31 1# jar.

medium.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5947220/howd-that-black-burger-king-hamburger-taste-lets-find-out

I just found this. I was reminded of this post and giggled. It looks like a death burger, but I'm very curious as to how this would taste. :3

Took the easy way out given no luck here. "we can order that for you, it'll be here in a week". Heck I can do that too.

So I did. Found it online and spoke to someone that says it has a four year shelf life and/or can be frozen.

Came in a 1# bottle and smaller ones, but given the shipping, I went with the $31 1# jar.

I hope you need that professionally, 1# will last a dozen people for a lifetime ;)

medium.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5947220/howd-that-black-burger-king-hamburger-taste-lets-find-out

I just found this. I was reminded of this post and giggled. It looks like a death burger, but I'm very curious as to how this would taste. :3

Death burger sounds right. I wonder whether it would still taste like fish.

Stefan

Death burger sounds right. I wonder whether it would still taste like fish.

Stefan

no fishy taste at all! squid ink bread taste tangy buttery, little salty & sweetness! one of my favor bread:happymug:

Back