Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Know About Morocco?

What Do You Know About Morocco?

Anybody been to Morocco and have some tips?

I am leaving in a couple of days, and right now my wish list is finding the best Ras El Hanout I can find -- but I am not even sure where I can find that yet. I don't think preserved lemons can be brought back into the US. Good wines to bring back maybe? I'll be staying in Rabat and Marrakech.

I'm sure some of the European KKF members have been there.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

All I know is that I'd love to go!

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    All I know is that I'd love to go!

-AJ
    same.

Last time I was there was in 1980 when I was still young and clueless It was the most exotic country included in the Euro-Rail pass and I went there in '79 and '80. So, I won't even try to recommend anything 30+ years later. But if it has preserved just a little bit of its flair, just drifting through the medinas with your eyes, ears, and nose open should be fun.

Stefan

Mr. Dinky have a great trip and please share your pictures with us, especially the food. I guess pictures of the beautiful female locals wouldn't be terrible either but then again that might be asking too much. Seriously though, have a great trip!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

First of all, I love Arab Souks. The smells, noise, and ancient dis-order just make me insanely happy. I've been to many but this will be the first time with a pregnant wife and 1-year-old in tow. It will be different no doubt, but I think it will be a good time. I do have friends there, but they just moved there and don't know the lay of the land.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

K, try to get yourself some argan oil. Great stuff.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    K, try to get yourself some argan oil. Great stuff.
    Where is the 'like' button? Good thinking, Dave. And if it weren't illegal, I would ask you to bring us all some nice thuya burl

Stefan

I've been there in 1998 and 2006 but don't know the place well enough to say anything. With wines, however, I remember that those from the Atlas Mtns are supposedly the best in North Africa.

Ok, argon oil is coming home with me, but there is cooking and cosmetic as if found out. Maybe a bottle of both will do. I'll also bring back a couple bottles of wine.

I picked up a few rugs as I lost most of my good ones in my divorce, and I also picked up some cool kids stools. Tomorrow I am off to Marrakech.

k.