Kansui Dojo opinions?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonhaber

Reaction score
Can't find much info on this series. Specifically the Nakiri.

http://www.epicedge.com/shopexd.asp?id=324

324_1_n.jpg

Blade length: 6.50 in.
Total length: 11.25 in.
Blade width: 1.80 in.
Blade thickness: 0.07 in.
Item weight: 4.90 oz.
Shipment weight: 7.7 oz.
Blade: Stainless steel forge-welded on a "blue" steel core
Handle: Pakawood
Price : $75

seems like a nice mix of quality materials and price

thoughts?

I do not remember anyone here posting about those.
What kind of stainless do they use do you know? If I were you I'd ask them.

I always thought it was just a mild steel of some sort. I'm not sure when, but I know I got to use a Dojo utility/petty sized knife and I really liked it. The handle gaps looked like they were filled in with black crayon, but aside from that, it was a sweet little knife. Now you've got me wanting one. Haha

I've got the paring knife and have no complaints. Not the prettiest thing ever, but it gets stupid sharp and not much use so it never really goes dull on me before I touch it up.

Dude, I try to preach about this knife when I can. I own one and it is fantastic for the $. It holds an edge for an incredibly long time and get scary sharp. Great buy on blue steel. I use it in a pro environment and it stands up to everything I throw at it. Buy one, you won't regret it!

I concur. Their gyuto was my first japanese knife, and it is very thin i.e. laser like, and takes a great edge, which holds up well. Great value. ER

i've sharpened one of the nakiris, and i think it's stupid nice for the money (even more so, when the owner had bought his for $40!).

I've had the "ink pattern" version for what seems like 10, maybe 15 years. Back then everything in the line was around $40 - $50, a crazy value. And they still are a great value. Thin, blue steel sandwich, reasonable f&f, the only real complaint was always that they don't seem to make a 210 or 240 gyuto in the line. Bottom line....you won't be "wow-ed" when you put this side by side with your collection of custom handled Shige's, but you will get more than you paid for.

Back