Quantcast
Meat Grinder - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meat Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    that is something that doesn't happen with the vintage unit, for sure.
    You are killing me. I think I stalked the old Hobart KAs on eBay for 2+ years and then an amazing deal came by and I got a new one.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

i got my meat grinder from my MIL, right before i was about to just buy a new unit. they come up, on occasion, though, keep looking!

There are a couple of the metal ones on ebay right now.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

I'm always looking for a vintage hand crank model, I figure if it's still working I can get another 30 years out of it

I like this idea. Metal attachment for Kitchen aid should be plenty good enough.

The Lem units are very well made and I have never heard anyone say they regretted buying one. My pal Tom has this one and its a pleasure to use.

I have the KA with the grinder and although I don't make a lot of tube steak it works fine for me. I've made regular sausage and even some frankfurters!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Thunderbrid makes great countertop grinders. They are a prosumer/commercial product. Not crazy expensive, about the same price as a kitchenaid with the attachments and a deco sausage stuffer. All metal internals and comes with a sausage stuffing attachment. Totally worth the investment if you grind a lot and are into sausage making. Sorry if it's over the top, but the fact it is a grinder and stuffer in one, makes the price more appealing. And because it's motor driven, it's easier to operate by yourself.

http://www.thunderbirdfm.com/TB-12GS-12.html

I was lucky enough to inherit a 40+ year old Chop Rite #22 cast iron grinder. Chop Rite still makes cast iron grinders the same way they were made 100+ years ago. If you happen to find a Chop Rite or enterprise grinder in an antique shop you can still buy new parts and plates and blades are readily available at some retailers

My mom has one that is at least 20 yeas old, the 2 electric grinders she had broke.