Benifit knife slide show

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Burke

Reaction score
Here is a slide show for the benifit knife that Bulldogbaccus won in Colin's donation thread. this is the forging. I will put up another of the grinding heat treating

wip slide show click the link then click start slide show.

If someone knows how to embed the slide show directly into the thread feel free to do so.

WOW. How cool is that!!! Thanks for taking the time to do the WIP.

Very cool! Thanks for the pics. I can't wait to see it done; it looks like a lot of work to make.

Hey guys, thanks for the encouragement. This has reminded me why I don't do too many of these they are a lot of work take a lot of time. I also tend to getwrapped up into what I am doing and forget to take pictures.

would y'all prefer that I just post the picture up in this thread?

would y'all prefer that I just post the picture up in this thread?

Whatever is easier for you. With so many pictures it could get tedious adding them one by one to KKF.

Whatever is easier for you. With so many pictures it could get tedious adding them one by one to KKF.

that is what I thought, but was just wondering if it was a pian to got to fotoshop then view the slide show.

Nice thread Bill. I love it when we get wip photos from anyone, especially the forging. Too cool.

hi guys hope to add more pictures this weekend. please stay tuned

Thanks for the picture show Bill, I looked at it before bed and had damascus dreams:D

sorry for the stall guys. I have ran into a bit of a difugalty on this that I am trying to sort out.

I think I have thingd sorted out but am going to withhold more pictures until I know for sure. Still might be starting over.

Any updates Bill? Excited to see this one done, thanks for the wip!!

I love this pic.

IMGP0545.JPG

Update, This knife is fubar. I spent three weeks working on this damn thing trying to work around the slight proublem that I created while forge welding the bolsters on. finally figured out how to get by that and finish the knife only to find out that when I quenched the blade the last weld broke. So all the pissing around I did to make sure the blade wouldn't cracl where the bolsters where welded on was for naught because it split out near the tip. I'll post picturesof the pieces, as soon as I find out where my daughter put my camera.

thanks Kalaeb, I does really suck but it is probably what I deserved for trying to make something work that wasn't quite right in the first place.

Damn. What else can I say? Sorry, Bill. I know that really sucks.

Hey Bill. Anything going on with this? Btw, I've got a big piece of musk ox horn that can be used for the handle, if we get that far....

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt, I Have made total Of five blades for this. the only one I have been satisfied with is the first one that I jacked up. but I have not nor will I forget this.

Back