Quantcast
FS: Rodrigue 10" Custom Chef's Knife
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Rodrigue 10" Custom Chef's Knife

FS: Rodrigue 10" Custom Chef's Knife

Hey guys,

So I know I don’t need to “justify” selling a knife, but due to some not-so-good circumstances in my life I have fallen on some bad times. The hard thing for me is that I have to let go of some things—things that I have worked very hard to get—due to a situation that was completely out of my control.

As a result, I am forced to sell my beautiful custom Rodrigue knife—something that to be honest I don’t want to do.

I’m not going to drag this out so here are the specifications:

Sabatier profile CPM-154 at 62 HRC, 10” (250mm) cutting length and 50mm high at the heel. The thickness is 2.5mm at the heel and it tapers to 1.5mm at the middle of the spine all the way to .8mm an inch from the tip. Nickel/silver bolster, 3/16” hidden pins and single center mosaic. Cocobolo scales. Spine and heel chamfered (rounded). The knife is like new, no scratches.

Here is my review with pictures: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ife?highlight=

And here are more pictures for those interested…

I’m hoping it can go to a good home—someone who will appreciate it.

I had a difficult time coming up with an asking price, but considering my circumstances, the original cost, Pierre’s wait time and my own time and effort put into this custom, I am asking $650 + S&H.

Thanks for looking.

That is a stunning knife, good luck with the sale
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    That is a stunning knife, good luck with the sale
    Thanks. When the time comes I will have another one made, but probably in carbon w/hidden tang--this is in the distant future though

For the sake of clarity, I am changing the price to $650 SHIPPED & including PayPal fees. Therefore the buyer knows exactly what the price is.

I will ship express w/insurance and tracking to anywhere in North America. The knife will be bubble wrapped in a hard cardboard tube.

I have replied to those who have messaged/emailed me.

Thanks.

I'm not sure you could own a more perfect knife.

-AJ

I love that handle. The whole knife is a work of art, I'm sure you won't have trouble with the sale.

Thanks guys.

Sale pending.

Thank God....
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

SOLD***

And honestly the knife couldn't have gone to a more upstanding forum member--thank you.

Damn, with the economy the way it is, and with almost everything today depreciating in value, it's good to see that a Rodrigue isn't like that and is actually a smart investment. Note to self, buy knives and gold.....
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Will the lucky recipient reveal him/herself?