Quantcast
FS: Rodrigue 10" Custom Chef's Knife - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: Rodrigue 10" Custom Chef's Knife

I'd like to congratulate whomever picked this up- for their excellent taste, helping out a fellow forum member, and quieting the 'what can I sell to afford this knife...' thoughts that have been rolling around in my head since this morning.

Congratulations to both parties.

Glad the knife is staying in the KKF family!

Hope things look up for you soon, Canadian.

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Man, its knives like this that both make me happy, and regretful at the same time that I havent visited KKF for a while. Now that Im married, the pocketbook is shared and I dont know if Ill ever be able to move above my Takedas.

I have a bunch of nice knives, and my two Takedas get used the most, so don't feel bad.

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Totally hijacking the OP, but since knife is sold, what the heck...

Yeah, my Takedas get worked hard as well, and I will never ever get rid of my Takeda Chukobocho Large I got from Andy777. This was my second ever cleaver, and a real game changer in my prep world. I dont now if i could ever bring myself to get rid of any of them really. Even though I have slight negative feelings against my 270mm Gyuoto after one of my last chef/owners dropped and warped it slightly . My Deba is the ultimate salmon slayer, and overall good knife when I want to damage anything, it makes me feel like Im a medieval knight spy because of its weight. My Banno Bunka brings all the girls to the yard. The custom handle, once again done by Andy777, makes the knife so feminine (in a manly way ofcourse, otherwise I wouldnt have it) - its light weight and small size makes all the girl cooks want to see it lol. Its weird working at the kitchen where I work now and nobody cares or knows about knives and rocks out with culinary school and Cash and Carry knives and I even got asked if was was thinking of buying knives that didnt look so old(kurouchi finish) even LOL. Im not hating them, the food comes out fantastic, and everybody there knows how to use a knife well enough to get the job done, but I miss kitchen comraudery which included frivolous spending of paychecks on new blades at my old jobs. *sigh*

teach by example
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Maybe your enthusiasm for top notch tools in the kitchen will prove contagious...

Wait- you... Have... TWO ANDY CLEAVERS?!?!!?! B*****D!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I guess the banno's not really a cleaver, but I got caught up in the moment... B*****D!!!!!!!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky