• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Rodrigue 10" Custom Chef's Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1925

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I know I don’t need to “justify” selling a knife, but due to some not-so-good circumstances in my life I have fallen on some bad times. The hard thing for me is that I have to let go of some things—things that I have worked very hard to get—due to a situation that was completely out of my control.

As a result, I am forced to sell my beautiful custom Rodrigue knife—something that to be honest I don’t want to do.:(

I’m not going to drag this out so here are the specifications:

Sabatier profile CPM-154 at 62 HRC, 10” (250mm) cutting length and 50mm high at the heel. The thickness is 2.5mm at the heel and it tapers to 1.5mm at the middle of the spine all the way to .8mm an inch from the tip. Nickel/silver bolster, 3/16” hidden pins and single center mosaic. Cocobolo scales. Spine and heel chamfered (rounded). The knife is like new, no scratches.

Here is my review with pictures: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...10-quot-Custom-French-Chef-s-Knife?highlight=

And here are more pictures for those interested…

img3827k.jpg

img3836u.jpg

img3833a.jpg

img3831g.jpg

img3828e.jpg

I’m hoping it can go to a good home—someone who will appreciate it.

I had a difficult time coming up with an asking price, but considering my circumstances, the original cost, Pierre’s wait time and my own time and effort put into this custom, I am asking $650 + S&H.

Thanks for looking.

That is a stunning knife, good luck with the sale

Thanks. When the time comes I will have another one made, but probably in carbon w/hidden tang--this is in the distant future though :(

For the sake of clarity, I am changing the price to $650 SHIPPED & including PayPal fees. Therefore the buyer knows exactly what the price is.

I will ship express w/insurance and tracking to anywhere in North America. The knife will be bubble wrapped in a hard cardboard tube.

I have replied to those who have messaged/emailed me.

Thanks.

I'm not sure you could own a more perfect knife.

-AJ

I love that handle. The whole knife is a work of art, I'm sure you won't have trouble with the sale.

SOLD***

And honestly the knife couldn't have gone to a more upstanding forum member--thank you.

Damn, with the economy the way it is, and with almost everything today depreciating in value, it's good to see that a Rodrigue isn't like that and is actually a smart investment. Note to self, buy knives and gold.....

I'd like to congratulate whomever picked this up- for their excellent taste, helping out a fellow forum member, and quieting the 'what can I sell to afford this knife...' thoughts that have been rolling around in my head since this morning.

Congratulations to both parties.

Glad the knife is staying in the KKF family!

Hope things look up for you soon, Canadian.

Man, its knives like this that both make me happy, and regretful at the same time that I havent visited KKF for a while. Now that Im married, the pocketbook is shared and I dont know if Ill ever be able to move above my Takedas.

I have a bunch of nice knives, and my two Takedas get used the most, so don't feel bad. :)

Totally hijacking the OP, but since knife is sold, what the heck...

Yeah, my Takedas get worked hard as well, and I will never ever get rid of my Takeda Chukobocho Large I got from Andy777. This was my second ever cleaver, and a real game changer in my prep world. I dont now if i could ever bring myself to get rid of any of them really. Even though I have slight negative feelings against my 270mm Gyuoto after one of my last chef/owners dropped and warped it slightly :curse:. My Deba is the ultimate salmon slayer, and overall good knife when I want to damage anything, it makes me feel like Im a medieval knight spy because of its weight. My Banno Bunka brings all the girls to the yard. The custom handle, once again done by Andy777, makes the knife so feminine (in a manly way ofcourse, otherwise I wouldnt have it) - its light weight and small size makes all the girl cooks want to see it lol. Its weird working at the kitchen where I work now and nobody cares or knows about knives and rocks out with culinary school and Cash and Carry knives and I even got asked if was was thinking of buying knives that didnt look so old(kurouchi finish) even LOL. Im not hating them, the food comes out fantastic, and everybody there knows how to use a knife well enough to get the job done, but I miss kitchen comraudery which included frivolous spending of paychecks on new blades at my old jobs. *sigh*

Back