Quantcast
Wa Handle Installation - Stefan Handle on A-Type - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wa Handle Installation - Stefan Handle on A-Type

beautiful work

Thanks, but overall, looking back, it was a pretty amateur job. Funny this is resurrected though as I have to mount a handle on an Eamon knife for my buddy brainsausage tmrw.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Have you still got this one?
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

Beautifully work! Nice handle.

Just curious which epoxy you using to sealing the hole.
    Because I just received new 240mm a type guyto from Takeshi-San but with helf unfilled hole,and the epoxy that filled inside the hole seem like very soft and will be falling out easy. So I looking for some hard epoxy to sealing the hole by myself.

Thanks for any advise !

The knives I've got have no epoxy for attaching the tang to the handle. I quite like it this way. The fit is nice and made by heating the tang and banging the handle on. They've stayed on this way for years. If a small gap remains I've filled it with beeswax (just used a toothpick to push solid beeswax into the groove to make it waterproof). I like the simplicity of japanese knives, the idea of using no glue at all. Not possible always but quite nice for securing handles. You can also take the handle off at any time! My two cents!

Quote Originally Posted by andur View Post
    The knives I've got have no epoxy for attaching the tang to the handle. I quite like it this way. The fit is nice and made by heating the tang and banging the handle on. They've stayed on this way for years. If a small gap remains I've filled it with beeswax (just used a toothpick to push solid beeswax into the groove to make it waterproof). I like the simplicity of japanese knives, the idea of using no glue at all. Not possible always but quite nice for securing handles. You can also take the handle off at any time! My two cents!

Hi andur,

Thanks for your suggest.
    I just end up filled the voids by epoxy stick. Worked well for now.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread