Quantcast
Most portable and convenient food?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most portable and convenient food?

Most portable and convenient food?

I'm at school for 12 hours a day, but I am not buying outside meals every day.

I do bring sandwiches, rice/meat in containers, etc. It takes a while to prep those in the morning though, at least for slow hand me. I'm going to start bring some tamales too, because I can just keep them frozen in my backpack and microwave them whenever I eat - extremely convenient for me, because I don't have to limit myself to the fridge at school. However, tamales are not very filling and not that cheap.

What other stuff can I bring that's convenient like a tamale?

Slim Jims.

-AJ

Can't you make soup and bring some in a thermos? Or hummus and some bread? Stew? Dahl and rice? That's what I'd do.

cheese, salami and crackers/bread.

+1 on the thermos + soup idea.

Salad is easy too. make your own dressing and put in a small tupperware container with an agitator (e.g. SS marbles) to remix.

There are a lot of asian noodle dishes made for eating at room temp.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Pasties, jamaican meat pies, empanadas---variations on a theme that can be made ahead & frozen, but will give you a little variety.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post

Stefan
    I'm pretty sure spam musubi got my neighbor through college. Hawaiian thing, yea?

For me it was curry and fried rice. I packed curry in small tupperwares, froze it and microwaved it when I needed food... and I made fried rice out of anything and everything. If I had a tiny bit of curry left, I made fried rice out of that too. LOL

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Yes! Is that Spam Musabi? I haven't had that since the last time I was in Hana.
    Spam Musabi is the Hawaiian equivalent of gas station hot dogs.
    I actually like it.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Yep, spam musubi is still very popular out here. You find it at gas stations but also in many kids' lunch boxes.

Stefan

Lol, this brings back memories...tuna in a can, protein shakes and cup o soup (usually with a no doz or vivarin in the mix)

That and get hooked up with a lab on campus the has a fridge and a microwave, then the sky is the limit.