Have to Show Off

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
Something I just dropped a bundle on. New roof!

roof5.jpg

What knife would that have bought for you?

Nothing like a new roof to drain the coffers. I just checked out your site - nice menu Salty.

Nothing like a new roof to drain the coffers. I just checked out your site - nice menu Salty.

Old menu. Just rolled the new one out Friday.

My girl hasn't updated it yet. Same with the wine list.

Lol, now the fun part of trying to figure out where the leak is after the first storm, there is always one with all the roof penetrations from vents.

Nice! Looks like a big project due to the flatter roof area in the back.

Any close-ups? Can't tell from the pic what type of membrane is on the flatter sections, or if the sloped is dimensional shingles or shakes.

The stone, siding and shingle combo looks good.

Can't see much here. Yeah, dimensional shingles with a flat rubber roof over the back portion of the building. Ice shield etc.

roof2.jpg

I like the copper on the radiused dormer. And looking at the gutter, you guys must get a decent amount of snow up your way -- that is well-supported.

If the rubber roof is EPDM, be religious about keeping your ducts/ fans cleaned, as kitchen grease will do a number on the rubber. I've mainly seen problems when the catch boxes around the bases of the fans don't get cleaned out, and the grease then drips onto the roofing membrane.

Back