Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Knife roll advice

I have a custom leather roll hand made by my girlfriend. Hand stitched semi brown suede with a canvas lining. Pretty simple, trifold design with 10 slots (3/4/3) and closes like an old school manila envelope with 2 sets of sewn-on old brass coins and some braided waxed thread that you figure eight around each pair of coins. I keep my work knives in the roll and have a separate cloth roll for spats, spoons, markers, etc. I worried about stains and such before, but after the first one, it's become kinda like a patina. Working on getting sayas for all my knives, but for now some of them just don't have em on and it seems to work fine.

Sounds sweet. How's about a picture?

We should get a picture of the knife roll too...

I'll work on it, gf is out of town with her camera. I'll try to get a gallery post up to of the growing (slowly now) collection of knives. It's probably the nicest thing I own to be frank. All hand stitched. Second one she made, first one was stolen about a year ago.

Just recieved the Boltric 18 pocket black leather bag fr. JB Prince.It is made fr. water buffalo hide in India.It is well made,soft leather.Smells good,holds quite a few knives even wt. Saya's.Good design even slots for pens & buss. cards.I was pleased that it was much more impressive than in the pictures online.

To me this is a worthy bag to carry fine Japanese blades.Leather is the best as long as your not one of those vegan types