I need photos for my web site - Please?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
In case you haven't noticed;
I am not in the handle material business for the big bucks. All of you keep me busy enough so I can do this full time. I make enough to live modestly and be able to afford to buy more wood.
Where I get the most enjoyment is from getting to see what people do with the wood they get from me. Not just the professionals either. I see some surprisingly good work and unique designs from the hobbyists and first timers as well.
In a nut shell, I like looking at the pictures.

So..... I wanted to ask a favor from all of you.
Would you be willing to provide photos?
What I am looking for are photos of knives made using Burl Source wood as the handle material. Sayas or sheaths too.
I will be using the photos in a gallery I will be building on my web site.
I will be rebuilding a new site that is separate from the web store. It will take a while but I will try to do a good job on it.

I think the gallery can accomplish several things.
Allow knife makers and owners to show off their knives.
Provide enjoyment to people who like to see the photos.
Enable other knife makers to get an idea how different woods will look when used on a knife as handle material.

If you have photos or are willing to take photos;
Please send them via email to [email protected]. Please include the knife maker's name so I can give them credit with the photo.

Please make a post here letting me know if you will be sending photos to me by email.
This way the other guys won't think they are the only ones.
Please don't post the photos here, but send them by email so I can size them and whatever else I need to do to include them in the gallery.

Thank You in advance for your help.
Mark

Photos are starting to arrive. Thank You.

I will post a link when I get things together and get the photos posted in the gallery.

Thank You and keep em coming.

Sent a few of some razors that I rescaled with woods from you Mark.

I'll dig some stuff up Mark, In the mean time feel free to use anything from my website or Gallery.:biggrin:

I will have something for you as soon as the shellack sealer coat cures a bit and I can polish it out!

I'm more than happy to send some pics but where do I start? Seriously I can't even think about going through them all.

Thank you to those who have sent photos and given permission to use ones from their websites.
I will be sorting them and resizing them to maintain something close to consistancy.

The way I plan on laying out the photo gallery will be a few different categories such as;
Kitchen Knives
Hunting and Collector Knives
Straight Razors

Within these categories I would be putting sub categories of the different types of wood.
Example; Redwood, Koa, Maple....stuff like that.
With each photo I will be including the knife or handle maker's name and a link to their website if requested.

I am working on the photo gallery in my burlsales.com website.
The website is incomplete and will be undergoing a lot of changes as I go along and figure out all the different ways to do things wrong.
Eventually I might get things right.
A lot of what will go there will be stuff that may not be appropriate here.
If you have any suggestions I would like to hear them.
If you have photos I can use, please send them to [email protected]
or if they are posted online and it is ok for me to copy them please provide a link.
Thanks Everyone,
Mark

It should be interesting to see it all, I'd say a lot of the knives on it haven't really been seen here before

I will try to get some to you when I get home in a few days. Shoud be cool seeing all the handles and sayas.

Ok, I sent a few pictures! I hope that you can use them.

A bunch of photos just came through from you guys. Some I don't remember seeing before.
Looks like the gallery is going to number into the hundreds by the time I get everything posted.
I just have to stay focused. I keep stopping what I am doing and telling people here "you gotta look at this knife".

I spent most of the day working on the photo gallery.
With each photo posted I have included the maker's name.
The name is also a link to the Maker's website, or if no website their email address.
Maybe this will help to generate a little extra business for some of you.
If you do not want your name linked to your site or email please send me a pm and I will change it.

Another request for help
If there are photos of your knives posted here on the forum and you would allow me to copy them for my gallery please let me know.

Anyone who would like to take a look to see how the photo gallery is looking you can go straight to the gallery with this link.
Photo Gallery
That takes you to what is like an index page for the photos.

Any opinions or suggestions are welcomed.

Gallery is looking good Mark. I sent a couple more pics

Yes that beautiful Afzelia is new to me as well, the ferrule is a nice 5000+ year old piece of bog oak, they go together beautifully. Looking forward to seeing new pictures on the site, and wow, got me a chance to see those Harner straights, yikes! Those are super, great work Butch! It also got me a chance to see some of Spike's work I haven't, great work Spike looking forward to seeing some more of your finished knives and handles.

Dozens more photos have arrived.
In a day or two I will get them posted as well.

Thank You everyone

Mark have you gotten any pics from the crazy Germans Raban, Peter and Banne? They are constantly posting pics of Claude and Sam's stuff and, IIRC, some of that wood is yours.

Mark have you gotten any pics from the crazy Germans Raban, Peter and Banne? They are constantly posting pics of Claude and Sam's stuff and, IIRC, some of that wood is yours.
Claude B and Sam L seem to place orders pretty regular.
I was wondering what they were doing with so much wood.
But I was recently told they are passing it around to other knife makers in France and Belgium.

They both use a LOT of wood. I didn't hear how he did this year, but last year, Sam sold or delivered 21 knives at the Gembloux show alone, all with wood handles. Claude always keeps the knife case at the local high end gun shop stocked with some of his morticed handle hunting knives and it sure looked like most of the stuff on his table this year was using your wood. I am sure that some of your stuff has made it into other hands too. The sometimes have trouble getting some supplies over there or at least getting them at a fair price. I sold 12 square feet of lighting strike carbon fiber at the show this year including some to a French supply house because they just can't get the stuff locally.
Claude B and Sam L seem to place orders pretty regular.
I was wondering what they were doing with so much wood.
But I was recently told they are passing it around to other knife makers in France and Belgium.

Back