Quantcast
I hate yappy dogs - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate yappy dogs

Some interesting thoughts above. But.

Keep a can of pepper spray in your pocket. If Fido gets close you can spoil his day without hurting him. Stupid dogs may need two days spoiled. And if the owner gets pissed - well you have a can of pepper spray...
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Whatever you do, be careful. Dog owners are pretty attached to their dogs. You wouldn't want to come home some day to your house burned to the ground. Or at least your car on fire in the drive way.

It is always the retaliator that gets caught too. Sucks but true. I love dogs and it ticks me off to see bad owners.

I feel you man. I just had to move because there was a crappy little dog that barked all the time, and the crappy owners didn't care. They lived right above me. The fella also produced rap music almost all day and night. It was a war for over a year, but now it's over and I'm in a much better place Obnoxiously loud people and their dogs are the worst.

I recently moved into a new house. The roommate is great, but she has three excruciatingly annoying chihuahas that start yapping every single time someone comes to the front door. Sometimes I hear them all yapping and running to the door as soon as I pull into the driveway and get out of my car. I'd love to just "accidentally" leave the front door open one day and hope the problem solves itself.

of course, but I do prefer slightly larger, more useful dogs.

Well, VERY angry hubby got the neighbors to produce the vaccination records, so at least I won't be frothing at the mouth from a dog bite...maybe something else, but not a dog bite. It wasn't a bad bite--mostly bruising, a little blood, but I'm a tough, stringy old thing. There are a lot of little bitty kids running wild who could get hurt by a nasty dog like that. I think it threw a real scare into the owners. We shall see if they start watching the dog a little better. If not animal control will definitely get a call. It was really strange--I've been nipped by playing dogs or had a dog lunge for a treat and get my hand, but never had one just run up intending to bite. Bad owners and bad breeders really can ruin dogs.

Dave, is that a German Wirehaired Pointer in your photo? We had the shorthaired version when I was a kid. Now THAT'S a great dog. Another neighbor was walking a 5-month old German Shorthair the other day. It also attacked--wanting to lick me to death. The owner was very firm and had it sitting and behaving itself right away. You can tell that it's still just an excitable puppy that's going to be a great dog--and good owners will make sure of it.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Good eye. I like the shorthairs as well but the wires are so much prettier
    Dave
    Older and wider.

dbl
    Dave
    Older and wider.

even this yappy dog?

i really want a little yappy one

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    Whatever you do, be careful. Dog owners are pretty attached to their dogs. You wouldn't want to come home some day to your house burned to the ground. Or at least your car on fire in the drive way.
    +1
    Yea... Really, just be careful whatever you do.