Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cool videos from noma

Something I would have to try (so far that has only gotten me in trouble once Seal... /shudder )

Thank you for posting the videos.

Cool ideas but i can't see where i wanna use any of them in my cooking !

That garum is friggin disgusting and I honestly don't see any purpose for it in the real world other than shock value.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    That garum is friggin disgusting and I honestly don't see any purpose for it in the real world other than shock value.
    One man's disgusting, is another man's offal/pickled trotters/tare tare/fermented shark/live octopus/dry cured meat/... well, I think you take my meaning.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I'm not trying to pick a fight...just sayin' . Is there really anyone here that looked at that and thought "I can't wait to incorporate that into my menu!"

I have nothing against experimental cuisine as such, but where bizzarre moves to mainstream simply due to its novelty I draw the line.

Why doesn't Noma (et.al) have a reverse osmosis - and whatever else is required "toilet to tap" wastewater purification system, where patrons can watch the bodily fluids from lunch service guests become their table beverage that evening? That's so awsome and cutting edge.

BTW...other than my personal distaste for that particular video, I thought they were pretty cool. Thanks Jon!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I'm not trying to pick a fight...just sayin' . Is there really anyone here that looked at that and thought "I can't wait to incorporate that into my menu!"

I have nothing against experimental cuisine as such, but where bizzarre moves to mainstream simply due to its novelty I draw the line.

Why doesn't Noma (et.al) have a reverse osmosis - and whatever else is required "toilet to tap" wastewater purification system, where patrons can watch the bodily fluids from lunch service guests become their table beverage that evening? That's so awsome and cutting edge.

BTW...other than my personal distaste for that particular video, I thought they were pretty cool. Thanks Jon!
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I was just giving you a hard time

Speaking for myself, I'll try anything twice- just in case in case conditions weren't ideal the first time...

And thanks for posting these Jon, really interesting stuff
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Interesting videos. I do have a desire to try all that was shown.

Location, location, location.
    Condom themed restaurant/resort that ensures customers it filters all wastewater for landscaping: http://www.cabbagesandcondoms.com/index.php
    Cannibalism themed restaurant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MeJ8Nggf0Gs
    Toilet themed restaurant! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNvmfmZqd9I