Shun elites for reasonably cheap (Australia)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKerr

Reaction score
Just a heads up for any Aussies who might be interested, Everten have a few shun elites (SG-2, discontinued) for pretty good prices. I'm tempted by the gokujo, but I can't justify another boning knife at the moment.

Here's the link: http://www.everten.com.au/Shun-Elite-Knives.html

On another note, japan-blades is running their Thanks Giving/ Xmas sale at the moment. Nothing particularly interesting though, maybe if you're in to field knives you'll find something.

Cheers,
Josh

p.s. Hope this post is breaking any rules, my apologies if so.

That's a great sale. IMO the Elite Santoku was one of the best knives that Shun has made. I gave my sister one and it's awesome for a small, home kitchen with meal prep for 1-4 people. I know that shun, sg2, and santokus really dont get much love on here, but it's a very well designed and made knife. The steel, while not like the knerdy carbon that's all the rage among the hard-core folks, is just about perfect for the home cook that doesnt want to worry about maintenance. The edge I put on my sister's knife is still functionally sharp after over a year... and no rust.

At the $300-$400 that was msrp it certainly didnt use to be a "bargain", but now at $155 I think it's very tough value to beat for a "first good knife" type of present. If I was on that continent, I'd buy one.

Back