Quantcast
Shibazi 210 Carbon Clever " The starting of a Fire!"
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shibazi 210 Carbon Clever " The starting of a Fire!"

Cool Shibazi 210 Carbon Clever " The starting of a Fire!"

So me and Jayhay have been working together a bit and well when he picked up his shibazi and he shot me a text and asked if I would like one, obviously I said yes. $20 for a sweet carbon clever and a chance to try to re-handle a knife How could I resist! So we set up a little work shop in my one bed room apartment in Philly (very low tech). Got a belt sander and hooked a vacuum up to it to help with the mess( very ghetto rigged). Planned out our Idea and well where he went straight for it, I waited an watched. His came out really good and of course I had to try to do better. So I started mine and put some extra "bling in it"
    This is before..

After

I was really proud until I set the tang in and cracked my ferule....
    At first I was very upset but then I looked at it and realized this is my first handle for not really having the right tools it came out great!! I use this knife every day on the line and prepping it is a beast, the edge is crazy, I cut 18# of day old bread and was still able to effortlessly cut paper with it after!!
    So now that I got a taste of re-handling, I decided since I had some left over scrap wood and an old Knife lieing around I need to feed it a little more. So I made another....

Jayhay also got some work in on a knife aswell I am surprised No pics are up yet!!

Nice job! What did you use for the spacers and cap?
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Jayhay, that is good size(thick & short) handle you choose for Chinese cleaver! some people used narrow & long handle, it just won't work with Chinese cleaver's heave blade.
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Haha, I recognize these! Great job again buddy!

Wow, maybe I should go get myself a cleaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    Wow, maybe I should go get myself a cleaver.
    I think you should !! I love this one, it is a prep beast!! Get one an just use it exclusively for 30 days hahaha you will get used to the weight and it will become your favorite knife!!

@Chinacats
    Thanx Still learning and practicing... the end cap is the same as the ferule .. maple and the spacers Brass and a thin piece of cedar I believe. I just got some sweet scrap wood from work ( unsure what type but some sort of fruit wood) and I think I am try to shape it up and use it for another handle! I am thourghly enjoying crafting them and just making the knives I have a bit more of me !

I found these for under $10+shipping. How can I not get one?!

Should be fun to try to mess with handles and stuff too.

Where?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    I found these for under $10+shipping. How can I not get one?!

Should be fun to try to mess with handles and stuff too.

Someone else suggested wokshop to me. Chinese carbon, but I don't think they're Shibazis. Not that it matters much.

Yeah wokshop is where I was looking.

+ Reply to Thread