Quantcast
Finally- Stainless Nakiri passaround - Page 11
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally- Stainless Nakiri passaround

Nice write up Connor, glad you liked the edge on it, it really did sharpen up very easily for stainless. FYI the compound was a 1-3 micron blend of aluminum oxide.

I'll be posting this on as soon as I get an address to post it to.

I'll get up a full review soon too, and if I don't get a PM with an address I'll get finding one.

Pm sent with my address

Thanks guys for keeping this going.

Posted the knife on today, sorry for the delay.. Will get a review up later today!

Alright, here goes.

F&F was great. No issues at all with it other than the already explained slight ridges, that I'm only even mentioning because I think the point of this is to be super critical. I enjoyed using the knife. It tore through onions like noones business. Handled every other veg nicely too, but I felt it really excelled on onions. Contrary to the other reviewers, I liked the upsweep of the tip. I found that it allowed me to rock a little when needed for busting through a small amount of herbs. I did however feel that the knife was too short. Maybe its just because I'm used to using 220-250mm, but I was finding the length a greatly limiting factor. The edge was great, I don't think I had to really touch it up at all. Maybe I ran it once over a strop, but nothing major, and I was giving it some use in a pro kitchen (only a day or two, I'm in a new kitchen and I don't entirely trust them yet, along with the fact that I felt it was limiting my productivity due to the length) and mainly at home. At home it really shines as there is no real issue with the length slowing you down a little.

I liked this knife, but I'm not rushing to Will asking to buy it; although I am grateful he let me try it out. Even though I wouldn't buy it personally, I would be happy to receive as a gift, or even gift to a home cook. However, after feeling the quality of this I might keep an eye out for one of Wills knives that I can afford..

PS: if there is anything else that Will or anyone else wants my input on, I'm happy to offer. Just ask!

Thanks for the feed back Rdm. Later versions have been larger. 220mm ish.

Got the knife today !!

First impressions are very positive and the knife looks very nice

I'll report back tomorrow after work.

Glad it arrived safe, had me worried for a beat with how long it took. Enjoy!

Sadly I need to back out of this I one... Maybe next time
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck