Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally- Stainless Nakiri passaround

The knife just arrived in Stockholm. Looking forward to try it out!

Great

Getting close now!

Knife was sent out to Robin today. Will get back with a little review later.

Thanks Guys

Ok. I'm almost done with the knife and it will go in my suitcase to the US on monday.
    Who is next on the list?
    I'm assuming Candlejack is out since he hasn't been active in the last couple of month.

Short summary (without too much peeking on the others); Takes a wicked edge (Par sharpened, not as polished as i wish, but he and i continously argue on this topic ). No sticking on smaller stuff, but halving potatoes there is some. Some very slight wedging due to the thicker (and heavier) profile (compared to my other Nakiri) and i think thinner would be slightly better.... Beautiful F&F (as i expected from Will) and the high polish and KU looks very good together.

E.U.

U.S.A

Mrmnms
    ChinaCats
    Conthcipt
    EdipisReks
    Kalaeb
    Cclin
    Brainsausage
    Jmadams13
    Spike C
    Zwiefel

Can

Lefty
    Igasho
    Notaskinnychef

Robin, thank you very much, will you take it with to the U.S and post to Mrmnms, Mike send Robin your address so he can get it ready.

Yepp, I'll just put it in my suitcase. I just hope TSA doesn't take it from me.... Going that direction there is lots of room, going back it's filled with cereal for the kids, clothes for the wife and the occasional knife for me :-)

Got the addy by the way

Had a chance to use it just a little last night. Hard to describe, but some things just feel right. Like it has a sweet spot. Once you pick it up , you don't want to put it down. We'll give it so work this week, but so far, feels like an ideal knife for limited space or cramped quarters.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk now Free

Shipped today and must say it was a pleasure finally getting to use one of Will's knives.

Overall great little cutter, I hit the edge once on diamond loaded felt during the week and it held up very well. The release was good, but not great, a bit of wedging, but not bad for a thicker nakiri.

I've owned 2 nakiri's and both were a bit too short at ~165 so this one was also shorter than ideal (guessing my ideal nakiri would be 190-200). That said, it performed admirably, balance/feel was excellent. Most impressed with the kurouchi finish on this one and somewhat surprised that it is something that you don't offer. Better in my eyes than most that I've tried--not sure if this is exactly kurouchi or what, but again I really liked it. Only change I would make would be to have it be carbon.

There is a small hairline fracture in the ferrule, but looks like it can easily be fixed with a touch of glue.

Thanks so much for the opportunity with this one, makes me even more excited to have one of your gyuto's on the way!

Cheers
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right