Quantcast
Finally- Stainless Nakiri passaround - Page 15
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Finally- Stainless Nakiri passaround

Thanks for the feedback, thats excellent. Yes I am tending to make them bigger now, the bevel was a little thinner and narrower on Eds follow up number. As I noticed some food does stick to the bevel sometimes on this one. And as you say a little wedge in hard food at the heel where the geometry is thicker.
    All makes sense, thanks.

Could someone sort the above out, looks to be some sort of advertisement.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Nakiri showed up on fri.. But I wasn't here, so I got it today. It looks like a great looking cutter.
    Chewie's the man.

where is the nakiri at in the list now?

Looks like Crothcipt has it?

U.S.A

Conthcipt
    EdipisReks
    Kalaeb
    Cclin
    Brainsausage
    Jmadams13
    Spike C
    Zwiefel

Can

Lefty
    Igasho
    Notaskinnychef

Yep I have it. I will be sending it off, looks like ER gets it next. Ty for posting the list, I have sent a knife off to the next (wrong) person because of the wrong list. Will post some pics prob. mon. or tues.
    Chewie's the man.

Er has dropped out of the passaround, I can't pm Kalaeb. Cclin if you send my your address I will get it out to you this week.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    Er has dropped out of the passaround, I can't pm Kalaeb. Cclin if you send my your address I will get it out to you this week.
    I can't wait!! PM sent
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

I will trust you guys to keep this going. I believe Concthcipt has had to do a little repair as the knife was damaged very slightly on the heel by a co-worker. From the pictures it looks like the previous sharpening jobs have been just on the micro bevel, making it more like a larger primary bevel. This knife should be sharpened on the flat bevels thus thinning at the same time, then the micro bevel re-established.
    Would be great if the next person on the list could share some pictures here with us so my mind can be at rest that everything is in good condition or can be righted with a good honing session. All in all this pass around has been rather relaxed as this is not a commercial product, or at least not a current one, its just a piece I have enjoyed using and wanted to share. But if we could keep it moving a bit brisker, I am starting to miss it and do hope to get it back one day
    Thanks All

Will I wanted to take some pics b4 I shipped if off. Here is what you posted in this thread http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...etry-prototype .

Here is a couple of pics of the chip.

With Will's blessing (which I needed) he explained how he wanted it to be sharpened out. Here is a few pics after. I hope that I did what was needed.

Sorry for taking so long on my end of the leg, I really like to only have them for a week. It is a really great cutter and who ever gets to use it will be very glad they did.
    Chewie's the man.

sorry for dropping out, i'm just super busy. i'll try one of your knives someday, Will!