Finally- Stainless Nakiri passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillC

Reaction score
Sorry folks for the delay, I have had a good extended test period. In fact its been the only knife I have been using for sometime which is why I have been a bit sticky with it, I wont give any of my long term thoughts. I will now give it a clean up ready for pass around.
I would like this to be a more informal pass around. Open to EU and the States. I will organize the list EU first then USA.
I will not put a cap on how many yet, I don't mind it being gone for a while as long as I get it back, as this will be my own user. Though I'm happy to take commissions based on it and will be adding something along these lines to the 2013 line up.

The knife is featured in this thread http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...ss-mono-Nakiri-with-hollow-geometry-prototype

I know there are a few things I would do differently having used it for a while, but would love your thoughts as a user and of the steel, so more how it works/sharpens/edge retention rather than looks and fit and finish.

I'm horrified with my efforts at engraving WillC on the knife, but it at least shows it as not for resale, next to my logo'd work:scared4:

I would like it informal, but try not to keep the knife longer than 2 weeks, so it keeps moving.
Please post your thoughts when you have the knife, not at a later date after other reviews have been posted. It just makes the thead slow and dull otherwise.

So lets get a list, and then I will arrange an order.:biggrin:

Can you give you name and location/state/country and if you sharpen or don't sharpen.

i've been wanting to try one of your knives for a long time, so add me to the list!

I would really love to try this one out! I am in Portland, Oregon, and I do a bit of sharpening.

All most welcome, keep em coming folks:)

Please count me in! I'll send geo info by PM.

I'd really like to take this knife for a ride. Pro user, Portland Maine. Not comfortable sharpening other people's knives quite yet. Thanks Will!

I would love to be included. The geo on this looks interesting, and have been looking to try a shorter one like this. I will pm my info. Thanks

All good Guys keep em coming, route will be nearest to furthest, so at the moment Uk to Sweden then Stateside.

would love to try out your nakiri. I live in cheyenne, Wy. you should have my address.

in case it's not clear, i'm in Cincinnati, Oh, USA, which is in the midwest.

I would love to be included, North Carolina, stateside, thanks!

I love to try this one out! CA 92009, USA. thanks!!

Excellent, thanks for the response, and a hearty welcome to Warbies, we have been discussing a custom knife via e-mail so I thought this a good opportunity to bring him in on this.:biggrin:

We could use a few more vikings as its headed that way anyway, just Robin at the moment:viking:

I have been watching your beautiful knives for a while so i would love to try this beauty :)

Mohamed Ismail, Vantaa, Finland. I'm ok at sharpening.

Pär Johansson, Stockholm. Very interested in participating.

Thanks guys, I'll leave this open for a few days and compile the list.:biggrin:

Mike Immerman, Long Island, NY, USA . Will be happy to re sharpen at your specs as needed.

Thanks Mike, I will collate the list today, my first day out of the workshop in some time now:D

Any update on this one ? looking at your video got me all excited :D

I've neglected this a bit, but don't worry its still on, I will get things started for just after xmas.:biggrin:

I've neglected this a bit, but don't worry its still on, I will get things started for just after xmas.:biggrin:

When it comes closer to home, pass it to me, I am in London :):knife:

I'm getting there folks, just battling with my end of year accounts, and Snow, then i'll get this going. Sorry:surrendar:

Latest posts

Back