Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Knife Sale!

Interested in the fowler. And the takeda..

Also,
    Put me in line for the 300mm hiro if it becomes available. Thanks!

Hi pleue,

Looks like I'm not able to send you a PM, so I hope you don't mind me replying in-thread.

I'll make sure to send you pics for all three later this evening.

You've got first dibs on the Takeda and the Fowler.
    The Hiro has a bit of a line, but I'll put you down as fourth dibs. I'll be sure to keep you posted for how it goes.

Thanks!
    Ben

Zakuri 's gyuto &suji so tempting........
    I'm curious what is your 10.)??
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Well, I've got a target I need to raise. There are a few I didn't want to sell, but the one I was thinking of was only if I were really far short still.

This is odd. I really hesitate to even type it... I guess I don't want to tempt fate maybe... ?

Rader Mid-tech. I don't think he did anything else with this line, but this was one of the first five, and, for all intents and purposes, was pretty much done by Michael himself minus, I think, the handle. It's great steel, great Geometry, beautiful, and feels like a natural extension of my arm. I think it was an absolute steal at the price I paid for it given what it is, but would be forced by my own conscience to list it for that same amount, despite knowing I'd never be able to replace it for that amount of money.

And if by stating this here I have somehow jinxed the rest of the sale causing me to have to list it... well you and me will officially have beef mister!!

Interested in the Suien cleaver, pending pics...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bprescot View Post
    Well, I've got a target I need to raise. There are a few I didn't want to sell, but the one I was thinking of was only if I were really far short still.

This is odd. I really hesitate to even type it... I guess I don't want to tempt fate maybe... ?

Rader Mid-tech. I don't think he did anything else with this line, but this was one of the first five, and, for all intents and purposes, was pretty much done by Michael himself minus, I think, the handle. It's great steel, great Geometry, beautiful, and feels like a natural extension of my arm. I think it was an absolute steal at the price I paid for it given what it is, but would be forced by my own conscience to list it for that same amount, despite knowing I'd never be able to replace it for that amount of money.

And if by stating this here I have somehow jinxed the rest of the sale causing me to have to list it... well you and me will officially have beef mister!!

There's nothing wrong with listing it for more than you bought it unless it's some kinda pay-it-forward thing.

Neh. I just feel bad about it. If you're making money off it, it ain't a hobby. I don't know. Just doesn't seem right. Besides, if I agree to raise the price, i'll have one less reason to not list it!

Pics coming soon guys. I just need to upload them and make a Picasa gallery. 10 minutes and it will be up!

Alright, so I snapped some quick pics of everybody altogether just to get something out there. a link to a public picasa album is below. After I finish up dinner and some work, I can check back to see about some better photos of some of hte individual knives. Sorry this is so late. It's been a REALLY long day.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11680...LP_75zpzuSv7gE

The following people have called dibs on knives. if you called dibs and don't see your name, let me know.

echerub, samuelpeter, pitonboy, CanadianMan, tk59, skiajl6297, tk59, pleue, pitonboy, Vertigo, pleue, Colorado_cutter, rshu, pete84, berko, rshu, pleue, ecchef

Thanks for looking!
    Ben

Alright. So, the suji is officially SPF!

There's a LOT of emails about the Suien. No it's not sold yet, but there's an enormous dibs line. Feel free to PT me about it, I just don't want anyone to be disappointed.