KKF in Japan Tour [Please sign up here]

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
So despite me saying that I will have everything planned within a month, it didn't happen. I know, it's annoying, I'm sorry... But let me explain. As a few have warned April is an extremely busy time in Japan, especially Sakai city (apparently). I talked to travel agents and several other people, but could not find room in Sakai city for the life of me. After weeks of checking daily in hopes for cancellations I found a few.

This is a land only tour and we ask for everyone to provide for themselves in terms of accommodation and other expenses. I have arranged hotel rooms in Kyoto and Tokyo for 11 (Keith Neal will be in Kyoto and joining us).

Bi-lingual Tour Guides: Mari, Saori (founder of Korin), Rui (web manager)

When: April 07 ~ 14, 2013

Duration of Tour:
7 days including arrival day

Destinations: Sakai city, Kyoto, and Tokyo

Max number of people: 9 + 3 Guides

Hotel Accommodations [Estimate with 79 yen exchange rate):
  • Comfort Hotel Sakai - 5 single rooms available (6000 yen per night, estimate $153 per person for 2 night)
  • Mitsui Garden Hotel Kyoto Shijo - 8 Rooms available (560.49 per person for 3 nights)
If you already have plans to be in Japan at the time and would like to join us without staying in one of the rooms, please let me know.

Traveling:

Sakai to Kyoto is pending.
Kyoto to Tokyo via bullet train, which will be 13,220 yen... Roughly $167.

Tokyo is not set yet. So I pose a question for everyone interested... Would you like to stay in a ryokan with Japanese style rooms or a hotel? The hotels that I have booked have been business hotels, I can try to upgrade the hotel in Kyoto to a bigger nicer hotel or ryokan (would be about $200+ a night). Please let me know what you're comfortable with. I will also be happy to have you join and leave whenever you would like. Please just let me know when you'll be joining us and when you will be leaving. :)

Places I have in mind for Tokyo with estimate rates:

*All hotels are near Tsukiji Market or Kappabashi. If you have any other recommendations please feel free to post.

Where would you like to stay?
Are you interested in joining?

This list will be first come first serve basis. Please sign up here. :)

Ooo! Thanks, thats actually great to know. I've never stayed in any of these hotels so I've been hoping for the best.

Latest posts

Back