Damaged Togiharu Inox Knives for Very Cheap Resell

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
We recently had a customer who's house got flooded during the hurricane. We helped him out and donated his old knives back to us. I was wondering if anyone here is interested in them as project knives.

They aren't horribly damaged as you can see. The blade and handle is separating a bit, and I highly recommend getting it re-handled by one of our lovely vendors here, just because I'm a little paranoid about the seawater.

The handle also smell like vinegar, because the previous owner was trying to fix rust/shrinkage/maybe seawater smell.
Korin can fix it as much as can, or we can leave it the way it is and let you guys figure it out.

We are charging $30 + shipping fee.

We have a santoku, chef, honesuki, slicer, petty, paring, and yodeba. Seth currently has first jibs, but please feel free to sign up here for second jibs. :)

Everything is reserved! LOLOL My goodness, that was fast.

Thanks for your interests!

Oh yea, you want to take those handles off. At least I would. You do not want to but probably should find out what's in the Hudson and East River.

If Seth changes his mind, watch this space. I have a plan :D

Seth is taking the yodeba, but TB_London the rest is yours. I would like pictures of what you guys do with it, if it's not too much trouble. :)

Anymore sendbacks you want to throw to the dogs Korin_Mari? :biggrin:

If or when I get them, I definitely will let you guys know. :)
We have knives sitting here from people who left them to be sharpened... then never came to get them.
(This is why we ask people to sign an agreement that states that all knives not picked up in 60 days will be donated and we ask for payment first.)
Most are at least a year old, if not two. If I can get my hands on them, it'll be up here.

dibs on Suisin Special Inox Honesuki or any Nenox Honesuki :D

These are official "Dibs", by the way. :) Oh, also dibs on a Suisin 210 petty. :D hahaha

Can I just dibs everything? The rules are sort of hazy.......

NOOOO!

I am way too late to see this. I need to spend even more precious study time on here so I don't miss out next time.

NOOOO!

I am way too late to see this. I need to spend even more precious study time on here so I don't miss out next time.

LOL Sorry!
If it makes you feel better, they were gone in a matter of minutes.

Ugghh, you need to have more of these sales with damaged knives...

i would reserve every knife there as well if i had the chance. lol.

Back