Quantcast
Guy Fieri get fried. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guy Fieri get fried.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    I misread that as Guy Fieri got fired and was excited. Bummer.

-AJ
    My first thought too. Ended up happy again by the end. It was a roller coaster of emotion.

I had read that his place was panned, butt it was whacked with a 14 inch Griswold! Great read!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    ?.. butt it was whacked with a 14 inch Griswold! Great read!
    Nice picture. Maybe the boss could use a whacking occasionally, too. I used to zap through channels and whenever I saw his show, I was sure he was in the same dive every time I watched. I was actually thinking about using a snippet of his show to stimulate a discussion among my students about what is wrong with nutrition and health in the US.

Stefan

I find his style on FoodNetwork to be incredibly annoying, it always strikes me as a triumph of style over substance...but this reviewer does seem to be getting emotionally involved in the review, questioning Guy's integrity/honesty, etc. It does make me wonder what (all) motivated the review. Obviously it wasn't an impressive experience (not shocking) but there seems to be more to it.

It was a really good read though...a very entertaining review.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Well, that was a pleasurable read. I can't stand Fieri, his knives, or all of that jargon he uses.

With that said, in economics they say there is always a place for lower quality goods and even though Fieri bills his food as high quality, there are unfortunately a lot of people (even in my family) from rural middle America who would probably love to go to this place and also rave about it afterwards. When my brother-in-law claims that bloomin' onions from Applebee's are the best food ever and he only buys chairs with cupholders, you learn to accept this crap. A lot of people really enjoy bad food.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

+1

I see that every day Mr. D!

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Well, that was a pleasurable read. I can't stand Fieri, his knives, or all of that jargon he uses.

With that said, in economics they say there is always a place for lower quality goods and even though Fieri bills his food as high quality, there are unfortunately a lot of people (even in my family) from rural middle America who would probably love to go to this place and also rave about it afterwards. When my brother-in-law claims that bloomin' onions from Applebee's are the best food ever and he only buys chairs with cupholders, you learn to accept this crap. A lot of people really enjoy bad food.

k.
    So true. The people in my town are clamoring for an Applebees. It would be the best thing EVER! LOL

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    he only buys chairs with cupholders
    I think I know him...
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Quote Originally Posted by daveb View Post
    I think I know him...
    I think I'm related to him...
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Fieri's response is worth reading (there is some good video at the bottom of the article).

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/ny...224800321.html

There was a pretty terrible review on "Serious Eats" as well.
    After reading that, I've lost a lot of respect for Alton Brown. and that video just confirms what I've known for years - Guy Fieri is completely full of s***. He sounds like an under prepped politician, and looks like a complete jack ass. He bleaches his hair AND his disturbing lower lip beard thing?! He must've said Two months about 15 times. And his waffling in regards to whether he was actively taking part in said 'restaurant' was just embarrassing from the view of an individual like myself that takes food very seriously.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

+ Reply to Thread