Quantcast
Guy Fieri get fried. - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Guy Fieri get fried.

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    The pics in the review look like a condor took a dump on a piece of Boboli.

Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    ...The pics in the review look like a condor took a dump on a piece of Boboli.
    Hey, looks aren't everything, right?

Guy fiery is the epitome of everything that is wrong in our current American culture. All flash, and no substance.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    Guy fiery is the epitome of everything that is wrong in our current American culture. All flash, and no substance.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

I came up with a new term to describe folks like Fieri and Bobby Flay, although those two are in this category for different reasons. Douchelebrity. Even more desctiptive than Celebretard, I think. I can deal with uber nerds that have made it on basic cable like Alton Brown and Rachael Ray, but some of these other clowns........................

With that said, I was glad when Fieri/Ferry did a piece on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives about the newly reopened Parkette Drive- In in Lexington, KY. I don't know if he has done a piece on Shady Glen in Manchester, CT, but if he hasn't, he truly is a slacker.

Some friends were in "audience" when he did the piece on Taco Bus. Your description is generous.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    If, with my small voice, I could give more than a +1 I would. I don't mind celebrity chefs that inspire some sort of cooking -- however insignificant it may be -- but Guy F. is simply commercial fluff in a way that I cannot stomach. But I hate Paula Dean too -- she sounds like my ex mother-in-law. I feel like smashing my TV when she comes on.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

In this community, we can all recognize Fieri and his ilk for what they really are.
    But, there are so many people that are completely ignorant about culinary art, nutrition, food safety, etc. that revere these charlatans. They'll re-create their crappy recipies using their crappy line of tools and if it turns out better than the SpaghettiOs they grew up on, well, then, all's right in the world. Then they can go out and buy a white coat and proclaim themselves "Chef" to all their equally brain-dead friends. Maybe even get a part time instructor's gig down at the Whole Foods where they can bang away with their ****** santokus on glass cutting boards.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    In this community, we can all recognize Fieri and his ilk for what they really are.
    But, there are so many people that are completely ignorant about culinary art, nutrition, food safety, etc. that revere these charlatans. They'll re-create their crappy recipies using their crappy line of tools and if it turns out better than the SpaghettiOs they grew up on, well, then, all's right in the world. Then they can go out and buy a white coat and proclaim themselves "Chef" to all their equally brain-dead friends. Maybe even get a part time instructor's gig down at the Whole Foods where they can bang away with their ****** santokus on glass cutting boards.
    +100!!!
    Amen brother!
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

+ Reply to Thread