Reach out for Atlanta restaurants

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinblue

Founding Member
Reaction score
Near Mid-town locations...

Bro is visiting there and is looking for 2-3 best places.

and attractions....

Thanks Folks.

Restaurants I can't give good recommendations but the aquarium is a must see attraction. You can get "behind the scenes" passes for a little bit extra that are worth every penny.

It's been probably 25 years since I've been there, but Dante's Down the Hatch used to be fun. There's a ship inside of a restaurant, with a wharf, water, and live crocodiles. If you get seated on the ship, you can sit in a cubbyhole, eat fondue, and listen to jazz (it was the Paul Mitchell Trio when we used to go. Unfortunately Paul has passed away.) Back in the early 80s it was quite the thing to do. And did I say there are live crocodiles?

Also ate at Mary Macs and wasn't too impressed (but that was more than 30 years ago, YMMV)--used to be they served some dishes in small cast iron frying pans, which you got to take home as a souvenir. Wish I still had mine--they were nice little pans.

Never ate solid food at the V (the Varsity). They probably haven't changed the grease since I live across the highway from it in the early 80s. One thing to get at the V is a Frosted Orange--a milk(?)shake that tastes somewhat like a combination of orange sherbert (not sorbet--it's not classy enough for that) and baby aspirin. Get a large FO, go to Krispy Kreme and get a dozen hot donuts, and you will have the classic 2 am feast that has kept many, many Georgia Tech students wired and studying until the wee hours...and don't forget to ask for a paper hat at the V.

Latest posts

Back