Quantcast
Am i wrong to be upset and feel used by my employer? (complaining.. sorry for the rant) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am i wrong to be upset and feel used by my employer? (complaining.. sorry for the rant)

Sucks, but seems to be a sign of the times across many different fields. Hope things work out how you like...but as they say, I'd be looking.
    one man gathers what another man spills...

make a copy of your time card just in case and 5 years is long enough at one spot
    try not to burn any bridges and have a plan in place before speaking about it.
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

Sounds like you've been there so long you are being taken for granted. Time to go fishing for that new position.

Tell them you want 2 days off all the time as well and see how others do filling in. Maybe they'll appreciate your efforts a bit more then

Engorged Member
    Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I get a kick out of everyone who hasn't worked on a line. This is par for the course. I still remember working day (18-20 hours a day) from right after Thanksgiving until like the 2nd of January. Son knows what I mean, this is why everyone in the business is plain crazy...you were so far beyond burned out.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

I have decided to wait until after thanksgiving to talk to them. I have a few interviews for day jobs or replacements so I need to see what's available first in case it doesn't go the way I hope.

Can't afford to be out of work at all. I do think my efforts are under appreciated and taken for granted.

I'm going to ask for a raise as well as tell them if they need me to work days as well il need the overtime or I can't do it and il have to get a day job because otherwise its not benefitting me or if a decent salary is offered I may take it.

I appreciate all the replies and advice!

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    Sounds like BS to me. I'd be pissed.

-AJ
    Im pissed just reading the guy rant about this place.

Unfortunately, sounds all too familiar. Im working at a restaurant which just opened 18 days ago, and even though I got hired for full time, Ive only worked 36 hours since we opened doors, my schedule has been changed 7 times to accommodate the need or non need for me, and lately Ive been only asked to come in for prime hours. I am super stoked to be working under the chefs Im working under because they are well known around this city, but I feel your pain man.

Your boss sounds like he's dealing with some stuff he can't handle.

Keep in mind, you are having a bad time because he is screwing this up, and therefore he needs someone's help.

+ Reply to Thread