Thread: Miyabi 5000s Deba

Miyabi 5000s Deba

I was just at Marshalls and was looking for a cheap mug for my bulletproof tea in the morning, as I was gazing down the kitchen isle to find the mugs a knife caught my eye. I was surprised that they had anything even decent at marshalls, but i was hesitant because it was made by zwilling. It was listed for $80 which is less than what amazon is asking (90$). The only reason im tempted to buy this knife is because it is a chisel ground blade! something I was shocked about. I have wanted to check out a chisel blade ever since getting into japanese knives so im curious what you guys would have to say about it. Would this miyabi be a good idea to add to my collection (no debas atm) and is it worth the $80 price tag? Curious what you nuts have to say!

SKOHH?!
    "Grumio est coquus"

Oh Ive seen those. At the marshalls I was at they had a gyuto, yanagiba, and nakiri too.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Having had a miyabi that I gave away, I think these would be a good starter knife. As for a deba no idea.
    Chewie's the man.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    My experience with miyabi is pretty good. IMO they are better than shun for sho. If you can get a deal on it, go for it!
    "See... the problem here is that... my little brother, this morning, got his arm caught in the microwave, and uh... my grandmother dropped acid and she freaked out, and hijacked a school bus full of... penguins, so it's kind of a family crisis... so come back later? Great."
    -Lane Myer (Definitely not as in Oscar Mayer)