Miyabi 5000s Deba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKOHH

Reaction score
I was just at Marshalls and was looking for a cheap mug for my bulletproof tea in the morning, as I was gazing down the kitchen isle to find the mugs a knife caught my eye. I was surprised that they had anything even decent at marshalls, but i was hesitant because it was made by zwilling. It was listed for $80 which is less than what amazon is asking (90$). The only reason im tempted to buy this knife is because it is a chisel ground blade! something I was shocked about. I have wanted to check out a chisel blade ever since getting into japanese knives so im curious what you guys would have to say about it. Would this miyabi be a good idea to add to my collection (no debas atm) and is it worth the $80 price tag? Curious what you nuts have to say!

SKOHH?!

Oh Ive seen those. At the marshalls I was at they had a gyuto, yanagiba, and nakiri too.

Having had a miyabi that I gave away, I think these would be a good starter knife. As for a deba no idea.

My experience with miyabi is pretty good. IMO they are better than shun for sho. If you can get a deal on it, go for it!

Back